Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Times for an Olympic + Sunscreen
Quote | Reply
Did my first today and while I didn't die, know I need to improve my running. Would anyone mind posting their times for the swim, bike and run so I know what is "normal"/"decent". I didn't have time to stick around for the result list (knew where I placed) so missed all these little details.

Also, I am looking rather crispy right now. What sunscreen/block do you all use? I checked out the thread on the tri forum but seemed to be mostly men answering and I think we tend to be a bit pickier about such things.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Times for an Olympic + Sunscreen [genkigirl1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure you did fine. Don't worry about what is "normal/decent", just worry about improving what you know to be your weaknesses--It sounds like it may be running for you. Once the race results are out online, you will be able to compare how you did in each discipline to the people in your race and see what your relative weaknesses were.

I use Coppertone Sport Ultra Sweatproof SPF 50. That's what I used for an Olympic yesterday and no sunburn.
Quote Reply
Re: Times for an Olympic + Sunscreen [maija] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good point - hoping the results go up online so I can compare!

Cheers for the sunblock suggestion! Def need to get something better than what I used yesterday!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like Scape sunscreen (probably have to order it online, though more and more running/tri shops are carrying it). I used it for a half ironman in Hawaii a few weeks ago and no burning. The face stick is awesome and I use it all the time for swimming outside and don't have a cap line across my forehead. The regular stuff can leave a white tint to you, but it's good sunscreen that works. It protects against both UVA and UVB rays. So both the burning rays and the cancer causing rays. A lot of sunscreens now protect against both, but not all do, so double check the label.
Quote Reply
Re: Times for an Olympic + Sunscreen [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been meaning to try scape, it's just not in many stores.
Quote Reply
Re: Times for an Olympic + Sunscreen [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Huge 2nd for Scape. I'm fair and very sensitive to the sun & this stuff works great. Also, it doesn't sting like some others do (for me anyways).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm super fair and burn almost instantly so I re-apply sunscreen in transition. I use the spray so it's fast and no greasy hands.
Quote Reply
Re: Times for an Olympic + Sunscreen [Nana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the advice. Have looked at the times and just as I thought, the run.... Working on it now!!
Quote Reply