Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hey you Mothers, help out that poor SOB KGrog
Quote | Reply
KGrog and his wife had a baby two weeks ago (presumably she did the heavy lifting).

To hear him tell it, he has been helping out alot with the baby. This dumb athlete probably thinks this makes him a good husband. NO! This makes him a normal Dad. What he needs to do is come up with something special for his wife. Correct?

I would like you mothers to tell poor clueless Kevin what your husband did for you when you had your baby(s) that made you feel special, loved, etc.

I am not interested in hearing what some guy tells me he did that his wife "really appreciated"--she probably faked it, like her orgasms--so you wouldn't know.

Please also confirm to Kevin that he should not expect anything back, should not expect to be thanked for taking care of his own child, and that his role in the household is somewhere between a yardman and a refrigerator.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey you Mothers, help out that poor SOB KGrog [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Kevin - Monk is absolutely correct. You shouldn't feel like you should be thanked for taking care of your own child. Do you thank your wife every day when she's in charge of the baby? Why are you any different? You are not "baby-sitting" as so many fathers consider it. You are taking responsibility for your child.

If your wife is breastfeeding then the first couple of months are really tough. She is going to feel tired *all* the time (this is probably true even if she's not breastfeeding). I found that I was getting about 6 - 7 hours of sleep each night, but it was broken up in 1 - 3 hours at a time. I never had more than 3 hours of rest at once for months. That really does a number on you after a while and I never felt really rested. I felt like I could drop to sleep at any point during the day.

The one thing my hubby did that I really appreciated was force me to take time for myself even when I thought I didn't want it. He would take the baby from me and make me go take a bath or go lie down or take a walk. Time to yourself when you're a new mother is so hard to find. Find time in each day to allow her some time to herself, even if it's only 10 minutes. Don't take care of the baby so she can make dinner. Order out and let her take a nice, long bath instead.

Another thing he did was he always made sure I had something to drink while I was breastfeeding. It's easy to get dehydrated, so he always got me a nice big glass of water with ice or cranberry juice with perrier. He did it without me having to ask, which I appreciated.

I hope this helps a little bit. Good luck!

Dawn
Quote Reply
Re: Hey you Mothers, help out that poor SOB KGrog [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also, if you at all can, when you give her that time for herself alone, try to make it the same time, so she has something to look forward to.
Quote Reply