Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Interesting Point of View in The Guardian on Iraq/GWOT
Quote | Reply
http://politics.guardian.co.uk/...9321,1428453,00.html

Since The Guardian has been so vehemently anti-Bush/Blair, I thought this was interesting.
Quote Reply
Re: Interesting Point of View in The Guardian on Iraq/GWOT [tri_bri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw that too but considering it's an editorial I didn't associate the view with the paper. I was a big supporter of the war up until I discovered that that 101st wasn't landing on top of the WMD and that the intelligence was as weak as a wet penne pasta noodle and based in part on Chalabi and his boys. But, I am glad that the war has given the democracy movement a boost in that part of the world and I hope that that fact, if nothing else, helps assuage the grief of the families of the KIA and wounded. I am continually impressed with our military and thankfully the word is starting to get out more with the documentaries on PBS and other news sources.
Quote Reply
Re: Interesting Point of View in The Guardian on Iraq/GWOT [tri_bri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From the desk of Wesley Pruden, for the benefit of tribedebie:

A correspondent for the left-wing London Guardian summed it up with a touch of honest envy: "To watch President George Bush in Brussels this week was to see how far Europe has to go if it wants to be taken seriously in the world. On the one side, you had Caesar. On the other, the prime minister of Luxembourg."

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply