Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How'd you do? May 23
Quote | Reply
Tell us about your week.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How'd you do? May 23 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My goals had been 10k swim (check - 11,500 yds); 50 mi bike (ha... 11 miles), 35-40 mi run (check - 51.5 mi). I also lifted three times and did hip exercises once. 6/7 for days-doing-a-good-job-eating.

Thesis is coming along well! Today's plan is to finish the second chapter.

Goals for this week - same as last. This is dumb, but one of the troubles I have with cycling is it means a change in routine. IE, rather than get up and go to the gym and run/swim (the safe, comfy routine), I have to change the routine and get up and ride. The safest time to ride around here is early AM before commuting traffic and before the roads get busy. Changes in routine make me anxious, so that's one barrier as far as cycling.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm getting back on the training bandwagon! Vacation and graduation kind of ground things to a halt.

Saturday, 2 mi run, 31 mi ride
Sunday, 29 mi ride, 3 mi run

Today, more riding!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- 4 runs: WIN with 5 but no long run until monday.
- 4 bike: WIN with 5, including a metric century on trail with my sweetheart on sunday :)
- 3 swim: WIN because of good planning
- 5 core/strength/stretch incl. foam rolling: FAIL. 4 only, no foam rolling.

this week's goals:
- 4 runs
- 4 bike
- 3 swim
- 5 core/strength/stretch incl. foam rolling

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Group rides? Are those an option? Training buddy? Spin class?

Last week's goals:
This week: run 35mi, swim 18,000yds, lift 1x
Actual: run 16mi, swim 21k, lift 0x.

I bailed on this run race (hence low mileage) I was going to do and did two OW swim races instead. It was fun, good weather, good result; 4th and 3rd woman.

Need to run and lift more.
This week: run 25mi, swim 21k, lift 1x

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good work! And I totally get the "change in routine" thingy, it's often my biggest barrier to just doing the damn workout...

last week:
Run 8x (Any four of MTWRF at lunch + TR in the morning with the dog + Sat + Sun); 5 are ez with strides; 1 is VO2Max (intervals i.e.: [4' at 10k race pace + 2' recovery]x4; 1 is hills; 1 is long. => FAIL, only ran 7 times, again, due to family time, basically missed the long Sun run. Did get in intervals at least.
Swim 1x - time to start getting my shoulder back in form => FAIL, didn't find the time.
Bike to and from work 2x (TR) => DONE++ (rode 3 times)
Total mileage goal: 70km. => FAIL, ended up with only 51k - spent time with family instead.

This week:
Run 7x including 8k race on Sunday.
Anything else is gravy.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How'd you do? May 23 [npda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Group rides + training buddy are possibilities - spin class I want to stay away from as I don't think they translate all that well to road riding (I need time, outside, on my bike or at the very least on the trainer). I'll have to see about group rides around here.

Congrats on your finishes at the OW races!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great week everyone!

Group rides... there's no way in heck I would have ever been able to train for half-iron distance in '09 and '10 without them. I can only tolerate about 30 miles "alone" during a workout before my mind explodes. I "require" some company. :-)

I did well this past week. My peroneal tendon was pretty much good to go (in my opinion), but I still attended two PT sessions. I was officially released from treatment yesterday. Last week was my first week back to regular base run mileage (which for me is 28 to 30 miles) AND my first week attempting to do things the "BarryP" way, instead of trying to squish everything into 3 or 4 days. Let me tell ya... I felt GREAT at the end of the week! I really still can't believe it! I'm hooked and intend to continue to use a 6-days a week run schedule as I build towards the Philly marathon (and beyond)!

Last Week:
BIG goal: *Mental switch to marathon focus* -- ACHIEVED! I am 100% in marathon mode! Ran 6 days in a row ala "Barron von Speedypants" and LOVED all 28.7 miles of it!
Bike- 50 miles (2 workouts) -- ACHIEVED; Did a 20-miler and a 30-miler.
Swim- 1 interval swim of 2000 yards -- FAIL (no surprise here) ;-)
Diet goal: No snacking after 7:30PM. I don't care how loudly the cereal box shouts my name, I intend to ignore it. -- MADE IT 5 OUT OF 7 NIGHTS.

Bonus: Squeezed in a 30-minute strength workout focusing entirely on lower body. Haven't done this for a while and ended up with a super sore booty on Friday morning. Loved it!

This Week:
Run: Continue with 6-days per week of running; ~ 5% increase in mileage.
Bike: 40 to 50 miles (2 workouts), just to maintain bike legs
Swim: 1 swim, 2000 yards
Strength: One strength workout
Diet: I'm nixing the "no eating" after 7:30PM. If I need a snack after 7:30PM it is to be either fresh fruit, which is bountiful right now, or my beloved cottage cheese with a fresh fruit topper.

Last edited by: shellabree: May 24, 11 11:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week
Monday - Swim
Tuesday - Unloaded semi at work so I opted out of workout to help my back heal. I counted it as strength..
Wednesday - Swim and Strength session (The rest of my semi that was suppose to come on Tuesday came to today so that worked as a good strength training.. Lots of squats.. haha)
Thursday - 30 min run (Chiro told me to go for it) 20 min walk afterward with stretching
Friday - Swim
Saturday - Off for recovery
Sunday - Off for recovery

This week....
Monday - Swim
Tuesday - 30 min Run with 10 min walk, 45 min ride (failed because it rained and rained after work.. ggrr)
Wednesday - Swim and Strength
Thursday - 35 min Run with 10 min walk cool down and 45 min ride
Friday - Off
Saturday - 1 hour Run 30 min Swim
Sunday 1.5 hour to 2 hour Bike Ride..

We will see how I'm feeling by Friday...
Quote Reply
Re: How'd you do? May 23 [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I rode first thing this morning! Cycling is certainly not my favorite sport, but it made my legs all nice and warm and I ticked off 6.8 miles in 51:28 off the bike. Maybe I will ride more first thing... the leg warmup is a good motivator.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice! It's funny how sometimes we just need to suck it up and get out there... and we're always somehow pleasantly surprised by the result ;-). I have found that riding to work forces that morning ride, even though it's not long, and my legs feel good all day (esp if for my lunchtime runs). I particularly love the ride home from work, then I can sit on the deck in the back yard in my kit, play with the dog, have a beer if I want... no more rush rush rush!

Keep it up!

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How'd you do? May 23 [shellabree] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am at 6 days in a row with doing well with eating :-) if I can do OK today it will be a whole week (consecutive)!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
8 days w/o eating issues :D

Quote Reply