Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

It could never happen here: Attacking Civilians to Justify "Greater Security"
Quote | Reply
Quote:
'You had to attack civilians, the people, women, children, innocent people, unknown people far removed from any political game. The reason was quite simple: to force ... the public to turn to the state to ask for greater security."

This was the essence of Operation Gladio, a decades-long covert campaign of terrorism and deceit directed by the intelligence services of the West -- against their own populations. Hundreds of innocent people were killed or maimed in terrorist attacks -- on train stations, supermarkets, cafes and offices -- which were then blamed on "leftist subversives" or other political opponents. The purpose, as stated above in sworn testimony by Gladio agent Vincenzo Vinciguerra, was to demonize designated enemies and frighten the public into supporting ever-increasing powers for government leaders -- and their elitist cronies.

First revealed by Italian Prime Minister Giulio Andreotti in 1991, Gladio (from the Latin for "sword") is still protected to this day by its founding patrons, the CIA and MI6.

continued...

Quote Reply
Re: It could never happen here: Attacking Civilians to Justify "Greater Security" [maybourne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're kidding with this crap right? The document this guy claims to have been the instruction for how to conduct these types of operations was determined to be fake.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: It could never happen here: Attacking Civilians to Justify "Greater Security" [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yah this thread should have been a post under the "FAR OUT Website you've been to" thread

It ranks right up there with the "Ninjas are cool" webpage in that thread...
Quote Reply
Re: It could never happen here: Attacking Civilians to Justify "Greater Security" [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm aware that the Pentagon claims that the field manual was a "Soviet forgery" designed to undermine them. But I'm not aware that anyone claims Operation Gladio was a fake. I'd be happy to read any links you could give me that says Operation Gladio wasn't real.
Quote Reply
Re: It could never happen here: Attacking Civilians to Justify "Greater Security" [maybourne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like how you use the word "claims" to cast doubt on the veracity of the Pentagon's assessment of the document.

No, I probably can't find any websites that dispute the fact the Operation Gladio existed. However, since websites espousing various conspiracy theories are not the most trustworthy source known to man, I'm not sure that really means anything. Do you really think the U.S. or British govts are going to post a website that responds to every claim of injustice or conspiracy? Many of the websites devoted to this subject also claim the Freemasons were in on it. When your reference article starts talking about freemasons, secret Iraq death squads, and the like, I'm not really going to spend much time looking for a site to refute those claims.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When your reference article starts talking about freemasons, secret Iraq death squads, and the like, I'm not really going to spend much time looking for a site to refute those claims.

Nice, but that article doesn't mention freemasons, and the pentagon has said that they're are using "counter-insurgency" squads in Iraq. I do understand that you have a substantial horse in this game, though.
Last edited by: maybourne: Feb 27, 05 15:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"the pentagon has said that they're are using "counter-insurgency" squads in Iraq."

Really? I guess since there's an insurgency in Iraq that we're helping fight, that makes sense. Your article however, called them "pro-occupation death squads."

"Nice, but that article doesn't mention freemasons"

No yours didn't, but several that came up with a Google search did. My point was that there are some whackjobs out there, and looking at conspiracy websites isn't usually the most reliable way o pick up info.

"I do understand that you have a substantial horse in this game, though."

I'm not sure why you think that. This is about CIA, not the U.S. Navy. I've never, and never will, claim that the DoD and the govt in general has never done anything wrong. I do, however, hesitate to make my judgements based on this type of reporting.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This information is not correct. Period.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I'd be happy to read any links you could give me that says Operation Gladio wasn't real."

Ever hear of Occam's razor? Rational people don't assume that ideas are true--especially ideas that assert the existence of unseen, unheard, and unperceivable entities and forces--just because no one has "proven" that they are false. More specifically, you can't come up with evidence of the absence of something, and you have no epistemological need to do so.

-----
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
Which is probably why I was registering 59.67mi as I rolled into T2.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Honestly, this is so laughable. Truely.

The only thing that reduces it's levity is that someone somewhere actually buys into it. That's frightening, but hey, people bought Enron stock.....

Also, in the context of our current conflict, for a boots on the ground operator, there is no distinction between non-combatants and combatants. They float back and forth. The battlefield is dynamic.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: It could never happen here: Attacking Civilians to Justify "Greater Security" [Rob C in FL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

How about when the former President of Italy says it existed?

http://users.westnet.gr/~cgian/gladio.htm

"President Francesco Cossiga...said last month that he was proud that as
a junior defence minister he had drawn up Gladio's formal defence
structure." (Fiona Leney & Wolfgang Achtner, Independent, 10/11/90)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If there's credible evidence that the former Italian president claims to have some involvement with it, then okay, that might at least provide grounds for investigating his claim. After all, even politicians occasionally tell the truth. But to insist, as you did originally, that this operation exists or existed just because no one has given you "any links...that says [sic] Operation Gladio wasn't real" isn't a valid argument.

-----
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
Which is probably why I was registering 59.67mi as I rolled into T2.

Quote Reply
Re: It could never happen here: Attacking Civilians to Justify "Greater Security" [Rob C in FL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I'd be happy to read any links you could give me that says Operation Gladio wasn't real. "

Rob -- a little lesson for you. The statement above is NOT an argument. That was an honest to goodness ask for links. I asked for them because I am unaware of anyone saying that Operation Gladio is fake. On the contrary, high level government officials claim that it was real.

Now, I'm not saying it is true. I haven't done any research into it, other than reading part of an article that was on one of my favorite sites. But I find it funny that the only arguments against it so far have been "that's crazy" and "I can assure you that's not true".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"How about when the former President of Italy says it existed?"

Aren't you the same person who has said that the current President of the U.S.A. has been lying?

Slowguy

Quote Reply