Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Moisturizer for after the swim
Quote | Reply
I figured I would have better luck posting this here. I am tired of feeling really dry on my face after swimming and was wondering if anyone could recommend a moisturizer that softens chlorine soaked skin.

Jason
Quote Reply
Re: Moisturizer for after the swim [DetroitJason] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I swear by Vaseline brand cocoa butter. Nothing compares. There may be more swim-specific lotions others can suggest, though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It depends - are you still working out after your swim? If so, I buy some face moisturizers from TJ Maxx (dept brands that I recognize at a discounted price) to keep in my gym bag, so it is always there and I'll never forget it. I went the cheap route because I too had dry skin after swimming and needed something, but not my normal cream because it was going to get washed off in the shower after I've completed the entire workout. If you're skin is super dry, you might want to consider more of a night cream for right after the swim.

Does that make sense?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
baby oil as soon as you get out of the shower-before you dry off
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Burt's Bees night cream. It's the bomb!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vitamin E oil! all natural and works....and my guy who does not like any girly creams etc loves it, as it has no scent and really works
Quote Reply
Re: Moisturizer for after the swim [triLA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you all for the suggestions. I am also concerned about my face stinging, but I may just need to shave in the morning and give myself at least 8 hours before the chlorine touches it.

I will try a couple of the suggestions. The vitamin E oil sounds promising as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dermaswim is a barrier cream that really helps with the stinging & tightness. You apply it before you swim. I get it from swimoutlet.com, but imagine it's available elsewhere.

Some other suggestions for face creams - Cetaphil cream (in the big tub), Eucerin CoQ10 and Cerave are all available at the drugstore & very effective.
Last edited by: Elsa: Apr 28, 11 11:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pure aloe vera gel. If not, I use banana boat aloe vera after sun. Rapidly absorbs so you aren't left feeling greasy.
Quote Reply
Re: Moisturizer for after the swim [chezchapstick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sort of related... I've found that the best way to keep hair from getting trashed by the chlorine is to shower and use hair conditioner BEFORE getting in the water. Seems to keep hair from absorbing as much chlorinated water. Should work for skin as well?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my tri-swim washes and lotions.
Quote Reply
Re: Moisturizer for after the swim [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love Burt's Bees too. I like their Radiance line night cream. Also, Palmer's Cocoa Butter is awesome and makes your skin very soft and supple - I use it on my hands. Plus, this 85 year old lady (a nurse) with magnificent skin told me about Queen Helene Cocoa Butter hand and body lotion. It's cheap and it works. Of course, cocoa butter, such as the Palmers is more comedogenic than other lotions, so if you are prone to clogged pores, watch out. Also, cocoa butter smells like cocoa butter. hahaha
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eucerin Calming Creme
Quote Reply