Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone used AirCaddy?
Quote | Reply
Getting ready to ship P3 across country-please share any experience you've had with AirCaddy, the service and/or pie shaped box with "supposed" minimal dis-assembly
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone used AirCaddy? [GvMeZippOrHED] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GvMeZippOrHED wrote:
Getting ready to ship P3 across country-please share any experience you've had with AirCaddy, the service and/or pie shaped box with "supposed" minimal dis-assembly

I used to use one a lot. I liked it. Worked well, no problems with my bike. Only downside was that it eventually got beat to hell after 5-6 uses. On the plus side, as damaged as the box eventually got, my bike (a steel Colnago) never got damaged once.

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone used AirCaddy? [Danno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks . . .that's what I was looking for!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thought I'd bump this as I'm interested in hearing more feedback on the AirCaddy. Did a search and haven't found much recent feedback.

Is it a good option? Two main reasons I'm interested: 1) I love the idea of only needing to remove the front wheel, and 2) the other viable option, the SciCon Aerocomfort Triathlon 3.0 is way, way more expensive.

Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone used AirCaddy? [bigredrude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a friend who used it or something similar for a race ages ago and it was pretty simple. We just picked up his bike at the FedEx store. I used a similar one but the box I bought was the a normal rectangular one so you had to remove the handlebars from the stem and it was a piece of cake. I still have the box in my garage and could easily ship a bike again if I had to.

I think w/ the triangle box you don't even have to take off your pedals. ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Used my Air Caddy 5 times to fly my P5 and came out unscathed every time. Inexpensive alternative, protects the contents very well and minimal disassembly required. Only downside is it the cardboard does get beat up and will probably have to replace after another trip or 2.

Proud Kiwami Ambassador/Team Member
ask me anything about:
https://kiwamitri.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
haven't used one in a couple of years, but I had a great experience with it.
Flew to France with it, Chicago-Paris-Marseille and back. Many jokes from the gendarmerie about the "grande fromage" I was travelling with.

The front fork mount plate is sturdy, and even though it's cardboard and dorky looking, it works. Packs down flat and comes with its own little carry bag.

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone used AirCaddy? [trijunkie123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's encouraging. Did you have to do something about the extensions or did the bike fit with just removing the front wheel?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a P5-3 so with the conventional stem I can angle the extensions down to fit in the box.

ask me anything about:
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone used AirCaddy? [The OG Pokey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Airlines don't have an issue with it? I will be at IMWI and am thinking of using this.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone used AirCaddy? [d00d] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No issues ever with airlines.

ask me anything about:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Used many times, including to fly to Belgium from West Coast US. Never a single problem. I think these are the best bike boxes because:

1. They are cheap
2. They break down flat to store and/or they advertised for two round trip uses, so recycle instead of storing forever
3. Minimal bike disassembly, likewise makes TSA inspection easy and almost no risk of them repacking your bike wrong.
Quote Reply