Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Swift boat jerks target AARP [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
USNA beat us this year (we had 2) but they still have a long way to go to catch USMA;)

RHODES SCHOLARSIPS (Since 1923) Harvard 282 Yale 189 Princeton 162 USMA 81 Stanford 67 : : USNA 33 USAFA 32
Quote Reply
Re: Swift boat jerks target AARP [3Sport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get a life. The election is over. Whine about the Swift Boat Vietnam Veterans all you want... but not here.
Quote Reply
Re: Swift boat jerks target AARP [TriClydesdale] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I disagree. I hope he keeps whining. I hope he keeps whining right through the next election. It should be at least as effective as whining about Florida 2000.

This message needs to get out because of its ability to persuade. It won't persuade quite the way the author would like, but it will persuade.

Whining about the Swift Boat Vets is a terrific message for 2006. There are still some red state Democrat Senators out there, after all.

Hopefully, he can persuade the Democrats to filibuster some more judges, preferably women and minority candidates, as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Swift boat jerks target AARP [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Whining about the Swift Boat Vets is a terrific message for 2006."

LOL!!! OK, you've got me on that one. Their only message has been to whine about things. Why would it stop now... "Vote for me becasue I whine the best" great slogan!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

In Reply To

Get a life. The election is over. Whine about the Swift Boat Vietnam Veterans all you want... but not here.[/reply]

I don't think I've said squat about this post in at least 10 days. But if you and Art want to poke sticks at me regarding this, then fine ... game on.

Your "get a life" comment is typical GOP bluster over substance b.s. When you don't have an argument, you resort to name calling and belittling people, raising yourself up on your hind legs and dancing to the NeoCon organ grinder's tune. Typical bullying from typical bullies. Excellent debate skills, Clydesdale and just the kind of stuff the "swift boat" spear campaigners are doing to the AARP. Funny how the GOP was fellating the AARP when they were in support of the widely-criticized prescription drug reform you guys pushed through congress, now, the newly-formed "USA Next" a wholly owned subsidiary of the GOP is smearing them with wonderful talking points like this:

Again, when the GOP doesn't have any facts, they resort to name-calling and hate-mongering. Does this ad cite facts? Does this ad provoke civil discussion of the issues, or does this ad, like your cocksure post instead just attempt to persuade through hate?

Since you and art have all the answers, please give me the answer to these questions:

1. The $11 trillion ss debt figure is projected into a date called "the infinite horizon" when is this? Your own facts project the real shortfall at 3.5 trillion in 75 years. That's 44 billion a year and certainly a more manageable number than the GOP is letting on. By the way these estimates are based on the economy growing for 75 years at half the rate it has grown since the Civil War. If that happens, we have WAY bigger isssues than social security.

2. Will devaluing T-Bills by divesting $500 billion social security dollars decrease the reliablility of what is widely known as "the safest investment on Earth"? What will the net effect be of President Bush calling them worthless IOUs? Think about it. These so-called IOUs enable us to go to other countries and kill people for weapons of mass destruction that don't exist. They are the backbone of our and much of the world's economy. One-third of these worthless IOUs are owned by China. Almost every country on the planet invests in US T-Bills. If the security of these investments is challenged by the people who created it, what would that potentially do to the world economy?

3. Doesn't a massive and artificial infusion of capital into the markets run counter to the principles of why a market economy works? Wouldn't $500 billion bucks injected into the market overvalue companies? Wouldn't we all be indentured to corporate Amercia because we all stand to lose if a company goes belly up?

4. What about smaller measures? What about raising the ceiling for FICA deductions and removing ss as an entitlement and giving it only to people who need it?

I think these issues are worthy of discussion and certainly more thought-provoking than "get a life." As a matter of fact this has a lot to do with a lot of folks lives.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No sidewindin bushwackin, hornswaglin, cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Again, when the GOP doesn't have any facts, they resort to name-calling and hate-mongering."

LOL!!! You are so silly! You use name calling - "hate-mongering" - to accuse a group of people of name calling!!! LOL!!! I believe that's called whining!

What's so sad about liberals is that they so often project their beliefs and values onto others. Things such as "hate-mongering."

Good luck in the next elections. Your liberal friends will need it! LOL!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That post was the equivalent of "nyah, nyah, nyah. Neener, neener, neener." Well said. You must write Bush's speeches

"What's so sad about liberals is that they so often project their beliefs and values onto others."

Like, anti gay legislation? Like trying to associate gay marriage with the AARP? Like dividing the country by using religion as a weapon?

You are your own worst enemy. Keep posting, Clyde, you only prove my point more.

Instead, how about answering the questions I asked about social security? I honestly don't know the answers, but you seems to know a lot of things, so I anticipate your thoughtful replies.

No sidewindin bushwackin, hornswaglin, cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter!
Last edited by: 3Sport: Mar 6, 05 9:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why are you picking on me? I want you to keep posting. I am your biggest fan.

My answer to your SS questions is that I don't know all the answers. Let's get both parites to the table and have a real debate. This can only get done on a bipartisan basis. I will live with the result. So why don't you agitate to get your team up to the plate too?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why are you such a pussy? Can't you reply to the substance of 3Sport's posts?
Last edited by: cholla: Mar 7, 05 9:08
Quote Reply
Re: Swift boat jerks target AARP [cholla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The reason I will not go into an in depth rebuttal to the silly liberal posts on this forum is as follows: Conservative discussion is based on logic and reason. Liberal replies always spiral out of control (read the thread for proof!) becoming emotional rantings filled with hate and lies. There is no point discussing matters such as this with close minded liberals. When one does so they are met with silly posts such as this one "Why are you such a pussy? " So, please keep up the emotional, angry, rantings. It's the best thing that can be done to help the conservative majority continue to grow!!!

Rant on for all to see! If it were not so sad it would be amuzing...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Liberal replies always spiral out of control (read the thread for proof!) becoming emotional rantings filled with hate and lies. There is no point discussing matters such as this with close minded liberals."

Is that why you revived a topic that was dead for 2 weeks by telling me:

"Get a life. The election is over. Whine about the Swift Boat Vietnam Veterans all you want... but not here."

You need to stop employing revisionist posting.

For you to allege that my argument is based on something other than facts is hogwash. I spent time and effort reasearching the social security issue and posted legitimate questions which you have failed to answer. Instead you resort to name calling and the classic tactic of turgid arrogance Neocons employ when they are wrong.

And who cares if the GOP is the majority? This isn't a high school football game. The Republicans aren't your "team." We all play for Team USA and as such should seek to find the most appropriate solutions to solve our problems and not blindly root from the sidelines.

Quote Reply
Post deleted by Casey [ In reply to ]
Re: Swift boat jerks target AARP [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not sure to what post you are replying, but thank you for your input. I do not dispute your numbers, but I do take issue with your ignoring the facts in the real economy that follow from this analysis.

It doesn't matter how much is in the "trust fund" since the only thing that is in the trust fund is promises. We could add $3.5 trillion by the close of business tomorrow by the stroke of a pen. Such an action is completely meaningless.

You ignore the reality of sucking "money" out of the trust fund. This can only be financed through taxes or borrowing from then current workers. The rates of taxation needed to support such a burden will trash our economy. Once the baby boomers are retired, three programs, Medicare, Medicaid and SS will take as large a portion of GDP as the entire federal budget today.

This reality is just the flip side of the coin. The underlying fact is that current demographic trends call for only two retirees per worker. That situation is unsustainable. It will never happen, no matter how you diddle with trust funds or rates of return, indexing, tax rates or borrowing.

You also are impliciting making the hilarious assumption that if the payroll tax is increased that our politicians will do something with the money other than spend it.

Private accounts won't solve most of these problems either. It will however put real assets in retirement accounts, and it will put them in a form in which politicians will be hard pressed to spend.

At the end of the day, the most important substantative solution is to raise the retirement age. The good news is that was proposed by a Senator just today. The bad news is that it is being proposed by Hagel. I don't think anybody, on either side of the aisle listens to him, do they? Still, it is a start.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Casey [ In reply to ]
Re: Swift boat jerks target AARP [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is good material. Anything that advances the public debate is.
Quote Reply

Prev Next