Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

rant about pants
Quote | Reply
OK, so why is it that every time I find some business casual pants for work that I love, it's not too long and the manufacturer changes them?

I think this is the third time this has happened to me. Either the fit changes (in a bad way), the cut of the pocket changes (so that now it looks like my hips have ears), or the fabric changes.

This last time it was the fabric. I have two pair of these pants, went to buy a third, and instead of being 97% cotton 3% elastane, they are now 65% cotton, 33% polyester, 2% elastane.

I ordered them online because I own two pair of the same pant... I guess I'll just have to see if I like the new fabric to see if they are "keepers" or if they are going back.
Quote Reply
Re: rant about pants [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get the pockets of my pants sewn shut to avoid the "ear" look. Slash pockets do not work for women with any sort of hip. I pretty much hate pants although I have found a few pair at Banana Republic that I like. I wear 80% skirts and dresses for work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hate pants. They never look right on me. Not long ago I tried on a ton of pairs with my fashion savvy sis, trying to find SOMETHING that would work. By the 10th pair or so, we were both laughing so hard we were crying. It was that bad.

So I just finally made a decision a couple months ago - who needs pants? I have started buying almost exclusively skirts b/c that's about all I wear. I still wear jeans & yoga pants, of course, but work/dress pants - I give up!
Quote Reply
Re: rant about pants [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't picture hip "ears." Cool description!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: rant about pants [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only pants I have had luck with were the Liz Claiborne Audra pants and the Eddie Bauer Mercer pants. Those are lower waisted pants but not so low that you show your butt.
Ann Taylor Loft will sometimes have ones that fit but I typically will have to fit the hip and alter the waist on any pair of pants I buy.

Which is why I wear scrubs to work. At least for now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hate pants too, but in my soon-to-be-former-job (yay!) I pretty much had to wear pants all the time (shop floor/steel toed shoes/etc.). The best luck I have had was at MEC. I found some capris I really liked, and turned out they made a full length version of the same pants - so I bought 3 pairs of pants and 3 pairs of capris in the same style and different colours. Whenever I find a style I like, I'll buy a bunch of pairs.

Now, the new job, I can go back to skirts more ;-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply