Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly how'dyoudo : Feb 28 edition
Quote | Reply
How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly how'dyoudo : Feb 28 edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mixed reviews for the past weeks.
Postives: graduate seminar went very, very well. Up next: write my thesis, defend said thesis, get masters degree!
Negative: rough week with anxiety, absolute exhaustion for an unknown reason, and eating (I had 3 bad days in a row :-( )

Training - met the bike (2x) and run (5x) goals but only swam once (goal = 3x). Did shoulder exercises once (goal = 2).

M - 6 mi run, 2 mi walk
T - 7 mi run, 1200 yd swim
W - 6 mi run, 0:40 bike
T - 6 mi run
F - 8 mi run, shoulder exercises
S - 8 mi run (workout, 4 x 1 mi), 50 min yoga
S - 2 mi walk, 0:40 bike, 0:50 yoga

total = 41 mi run, 1:20 bike, 1200 yd swim, 4 mi walk, 1:40 yoga.

My biggest challenge the next two weeks will be structuring my time. I am on spring break and unstructured time makes me anxious. I have some schoolwork to do :-) so that will help and I can always train, hee hee hee.

goals for the week:
- Catch up on summer camp planning stuff (I'm an asst director and that makes summer camp planning a year round thing :-)
- Make a large dent in my statistics project; finish statistics homework; write History of Math paper; spend at least 3h working on thesis
- [some positive goal for eating that is more specific than "do ok with food"]
- 6 runs, 3 rides, 3 swims. Really 3/3 for swim bike ought to be easy since I am on vacation!
- Do something outside in the snow. We have all kinds of snow and it's great for snowshoeing/skiing; I rarely take advantage of it.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is it ok for a ST noob to jump in here?
last week was a good week here-I finally got the new bike in for the fitting and after lots of adjustments, happy to report we are riding happily! I have been dealing with an annoying knee (minor) knee injury-PFPS- since Jan 2nd which has impacted my running and I have been seeing a sports med PT with good progress.

Sun 2/20- ran 4.6 miles outside. First outside run since 1/2 and it was awesome-ice everywhere-but made me happy!
Mon 2/21- 2.86 miles on the stairmaster; 1 hour weight training (back/bicep)
Tue 2/23- ran 3.4 miles TM then indoor cycling class-17.8 miles (LT intervals day-groan!)
Wed 2/24- 2 miles elliptical; 3.88 miles on the TM; 45 mins core/upper body (group weight tx class) pm workout swim 1hour and then biked 5
Thu 2/25- "rest day" 10.2 miles on the bike for my bike fitting.
Fri 2/26- ran 5.14 miles TM, 30 mins core/shoulders
Sat 2/27- biked 30.8 miles on the trainer

Sunday was the monthly Total Immersion swim clinic but we had a snowstorm so I did not go :(
My focus for this week is going to get plenty of time in the pool.

Quote | Reply
of course you can jump in. The more the merrier

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- 4 runs: WIN
- 3 bike: WIN
- 5 core/strength incl. 1 full workout: WIN, though the full workout was a short one
- 2 swim: WIN
- go ice skating this weekend: WIN

also got out twice for xc skiing :)

this week's goals:
- 4 runs
- 3 bike
- 5 core/strength incl. 1 full workout
- 3 swim
- don't fall on my ass tonight (there's slush everywhere, and we're getting a flash freeze this afternoon)

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Last week: The 50% week (11 days til IMNZ)
Run 4x, more strides, intensity. => DONE
Swim 2x => DONE even with the broken nose
Ride 1x (trainer only) => DONE
I have a final interview today so I am really hoping that I get to give my current boss a see ya later letter tomorrow...=> DONE!!!!

This week: IMNZ and that's it baby!

Later!

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Last edited by: AndyPants: Feb 28, 11 10:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
My biggest challenge the next two weeks will be structuring my time. I am on spring break and unstructured time makes me anxious. I have some schoolwork to do :-) so that will help and I can always train, hee hee hee.

Meeee too.

I didn't make official goals last week, but a big goal for this week is to just buckle down, stay focused, stay SANE (and try to be nice at the same time) during this week of midterms. Thankfully, staying on top of my training helps me accomplish those goals! Plus, it's always nice to send the schedule back to the coach with a week full of checks. :)

My buddy from Boston and I are doing a 100 day wko challenge. Nothing more complicated than 100 days straight of workouts. That doesn't mean you can't take rest days, but they aren't just lazy days of sitting on your @ss all day. The impetus for the challenge was that we both have a substantial amount of work to get back down to racing weight... and our progress seems to be... not moving? Hahah, or at least not moving in the right direction! I have 96 days to go. Yowza!

Anyways... this weeks schedule:

MO: 60min XT, 7m run, core circuit
TU: 75min ride, 3000m swim
WE: 75 min ride, 5m run, core circuit
TH: 60min XT, 2000m swim, 30 min pool run
FR: 60min recovery ride or recovery run
SA: 150 min ride
SU: 120 min ride

If anyone wants to join in the challenge... let me know! I'm trying to get a blog post up about it, but no time yet.

_____

Nadie dijo que la vida sería fácil, sólo dijeron que valdría la pena.
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly how'dyoudo : Feb 28 edition [Dr.TriRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've discovered that making a schedule/list/plan for the day helps. Fourth day in a row of not screwing up with food :-) also feeling less anxious yesterday and today since I have a plan.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats - every single day you can add on to the streak counts!! I am also a big time planner, and find that it helps a LOT.

p.s. I know you added me to have access to your blog, but every time I try to log on it tells me no! :( That's why I haven't been commenting at all lately...

_____

Quote Reply
Re: Weekly how'dyoudo : Feb 28 edition [Dr.TriRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day 5. Only issue = chewed an entire pack of sugarless gum = stomach cramps from the artificial sweeteners. I am trying to wean myself off candy and fake sugar (gum and lite yogurt is the only time I really eat it).

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I feel you... Good & Plenty (that pink/white coated licorice) is my arch nemesis. Good job though... even if it is a pack of gum, it's a step in the right direction!

_____

Quote Reply