Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pleasanton Tri For Fun? Anyone?
Quote | Reply
Is anyone doing this race on Saturday? I'm registered, but I'm seriously debating the merits of getting up at 0-dark-thirty for this thing (since I'm getting up very early Sunday as well to volunteer at Alcatraz). I've heard great things about this series... is it really that much fun?
Quote Reply
Re: Pleasanton Tri For Fun? Anyone? [Ariel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It really is fun. I did the series last year and had a blast. There are a few of us that train out in Livermore that are doing the whole series this year.

If you haven't done these races before, you are missing out on a Bay Area triathlon institution. At any rate, it's a short race and you can always head home and take a nap afterwards.

Hope to see you there.

John
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a fun race. And while it might not be much of a challenge, it is an excellent opportunity to practice transitions.

-Adam :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Pleasanton Tri For Fun? Anyone? [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, you've convinced me. So my next question is, how early do I really need to get there? Are parking and rack space a problem?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You probably want to be there by 6:00 so you can park and get set up without much drama - earlier if you want a long warm-up. There are plenty of parking spaces, but you have to pay $5 at the entrance so there can be a line to get in. Rack space fills up, so you don't want to be too late.

The 7:00am start is a bit optimistic - I could have sworn we started at 7:30 last year. At any rate, we are going to be there by 6:00am or so - we are local so we were going to ride over and avoid the lines.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Parking is not a problem, however rack space is very limited. The good thing is that the race is so informal that you can lean your bike against a tree, picnic table or just lay it on the ground. Also, they are notorious for starting late, but I would get there on time to avoid some of the racking madness.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have a blast! Wish I were going to be there. I was at the very first one of these, many years ago.

Ditto what everyone said about parking and racking the bike. And, if Mark offers the "experienced triathlete" wave first, go for it. Makes a HUGE difference in not having to weed through a lot of slower riders.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply