Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Aero Bike / Fork Computer Pickup Mount
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have a suggestion/recommendation for a Cyclocomputer that will be used on a Aero Tri Bike with a Kinesis Airfoil Fork. Don't want to run wires from the rear of the bike.??
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Bike / Fork Computer Pickup Mount [TriPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Personally, I think running wires to the back of the bike is more aero, and cleaner looking, than a front fork mounted sensor, especially some of the large wireless ones. I run a Avocett 45tt w/cadence and just tape the wire to the downtube. I have to find some more clear vinyl tape so I can make it look better.

I also like the Avocett computers because they use a ring magnet that mounts right at the hub, instead of a 'big' chunk of metal spinning around on your wheel. Now if I could only get my Polar s710i to pick up the speed sensor when it's mounted on the chain or seat stay.
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Bike / Fork Computer Pickup Mount [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had this problem with my 720i and went to:

http://www.pursuit-performance.com.au/...CForumID7/40.html#10

for information in how to increase the strength of the output signal from the speed sensor. Now it works like a charm mounted on my seatstay. In a nutshell you open up the sensor, and slide the jumper off of the first two prongs and then reinstall them on the outer two prongs. Just be carefull not to damage the gasket when opening or closing the sensor.

Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Bike / Fork Computer Pickup Mount [burgerdp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the type of info I've looked for to fix a Vetta wireless sensor. I mounted it on the seat stay, but it won't send to the unit if it is on the handlebars...although the cadence sensor will send that far...there's got to be a way to increase the speed sensor's output!

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply