Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Nah it couldn't be this simple, could it?
Quote | Reply
lately my longer runs have been killing me, hot spots sore legs. My shoes have less that 100 miles on them [Mizuno Wave Creations] but I was desperate so I hit up 3 local shops in search of a nice new cushioned shoe for my size 12 wide ducks.8 models later....

I ended up with the Asics Gel Nimbus 5. 2 one hour runs later my legs feel great no hot spots. less than 4 weeks to my next race, maybe there is hope after all

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Re: Nah it couldn't be this simple, could it? [eric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you find a model of shoe that works well for you, and it may take several attempts to find the right ones, I have some advice for you. Buy about 5 or 6 pairs of them so you will have a reliable replacement as you wear them out. Invariably, when I find a model that works well they change it the next year, often very little, but sometimes even that little bit proves to be the downfall of that shoe for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Nah it couldn't be this simple, could it? [JeffJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
been there. I generally buy one pair run in it for a while and if it works beg my wife for forgiveness when 4 more pairs show up and she sees the bill

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's just that simple. I use two different pairs of shoes, so that when one gets discontinued, I'll still have another to run in, but I find that even though they are both of the structured/cushioning, mild stability variety, it takes me a couple of runs to get used to the difference when I change shoes, and that I am faster in one shoe, but more comfortable in the other(And yes, I know that makes no sense.)

I'd take the advice of the other two posters; if you really like the new shoe, buy a few pairs. Next March when you find that your model has been completely changed, you'll be ever so thankful that you did.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Nah it couldn't be this simple, could it? [jmorrissey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

I'd take the advice of the other two posters; if you really like the new shoe, buy a few pairs. Next March when you find that your model has been completely changed, you'll be ever so thankful that you did.

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
as the other posts bare out it is that simple.

my experience is a lucky one, Nike Air Pegasus. The longest running model or running shoes ever. I won a free pair in a post race drawing and left my New Balance in 1988. I've tried others and luckily Nike continues to produce this shoe. BUT, the 2002 (or 03) model has something changed, I was running about three months in them before I realized it wasn't the strength training or the bike milage or the dehydration or... etc. The new models would cause my calves to stiffen up on every run... weird. So now I'm running in a 2000 model with about 500 or more miles on them they are so beat up and worn but they work.... and I just found on niketown.com that the 2000 model is back!!!! life is good.
Quote Reply