Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wed. Night--does it rain where your at?
Quote | Reply
I swear that every Wed. night since our group rides have started it has rained at some point during the day. And tommorrow it is supposed to again. It really is starting to blow.
Quote Reply
Re: Wed. Night--does it rain where your at? [Matt Berner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haven't had that problem, but if you live near a major metro area and think it rains more on the weekends you are likely correct. Research some years ago showed it was 11% more likely than chance to rain on the weekends near large metro areas. The theory was all the weekday traffic added sufficient particulates to the air that by the weekend it tended to cause more rain. Of course that's just scientific mumbo-jumbo, we all know it's new bike parts that cause it to rain.
Quote Reply
Re: Wed. Night--does it rain where your at? [mises] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Our town is starting its cycle of everyday at 4:00 pm raining,my mileage drops because of it getting so hard to find ride times where it is not downpouring.
Quote Reply
Re: Wed. Night--does it rain where your at? [Matt Berner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's hilarious. I really feel your pain. I go with a buddy on Sunday morning and we get rained on *every* Sunday. Last week we decided that the hard stuff wasn't going to come down for a while yet and rode anyway. It was one of my best rides.

Sure, there was thunder and lightning - the whole thing. Just ride faster and it won't catch up to you! ;-)

matt

"When I cleaned up my diction, I had nothing left to say" -- Van Morrison
Quote Reply