Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wetsuit question...
Quote | Reply
Just bought my wetsuit and have not raced with it yet. I have a question on the zipper lanyard. There is a velcro thingy at the end of the lanyard. I am guessing that it velcros to the collar of the wetsuit. What do i do with the intermediate section of the lanyard? Do i stuff the entire midsection of the lanyard into the wetsuit or do i let it hang out?

Paul..
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit question... [Paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just let it hang out. That gives you something to grap onto when taking the wetsuit off
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That long cord is what makes it easy to remove.... when I use to wear wetsuits with long cords, the only time I attach/fixed the cord in place so that it wouldn't get in my way was when I did an ocean swim. Some how the waves seem to always push the long cord over my shoulder and get between my arm pits. Very annoying.

FWIW Joe Moya
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brent and Joe gave the right answer.

The main thing is to practice several times in the wet suit before you use it in competition. The first couple times I felt as I though I had asthma. I couldn't breath. The suit squeezed my chest. I felt claustrophobic. On the fourth time of wearing the suit in a lake, everything fell into place. Now I love swimming in open waters with a wet suit.

====================================
Do not take counsel of your fears.--Andrew Jackson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my wetsuit, Promotion, has velcro on the end that attaches to a little patch just below my waist on the back side. If there's no place to stick it there, you can always tie it to the strap on your goggles just in case of an emergency, having them kicked off.
Quote Reply