Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike computer with built-in HR monitor?
Quote | Reply
Is there such a thing out there like this?

If so, what brands? Any personal experience with? Etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike computer with built-in HR monitor? [Mac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Polar s510, s710i, and s720i are more HRM then bike computer, but they do have complete cycling functions. The 710/720 even has a power kit. The Polar units use wireless sensors for speed and cadence. They are a little bulky, and are a little picky about being mounted. For tris, I wear the watch and put the speed sensor on the front wheel for best reception. I run it, in addition to a Avocet 45tt. I have decided that I like the dual setup because I can look at the Avocet most of the time for speed and cadence and then glance at the Polar to check my HR and distance.

CicloSport makes the HAC4 which is similar, they also sponsor the USPS team if that makes a difference.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's one recommended by none other than Dan (the man) Empfield.

Sports Instruments SI90HR

Check out: http://www.slowtwitch.com/...#Anchor-Sports-46452

The only thing I can see wrong with this is that it doesn't have cadence - but you may or may not care about that.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got the ciclosport. It works great. I recently discovered that my Polar watch picks up the Ciclo chest strap (but not vice-versa), so I can use it during a race.

The speed sensor is wireless; the cadence sensor (which is optional--I don't have it) has to be wired.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
www.supergo.com

The HRM 1000 computer goes for $35 and comes with a strap (although I've found it works fine with my Polar strap). Basic computer & HR functions. Nothing fancy but it works great and you can't beat the $$$.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the Vetta V100HR.

http://www.vetta.com/..._computerv100HR.html

I got it at www.chucksbikes.com for about $60-65. I've seen it sold elsewhere with the optional cadence feature for about $80. If it's something you might want to buy, don't buy it for the $100+ that some stores are selling it for. Shop around.

E-Z

--It ain't a good idea to swim near MY bubbles! Tongue
Quote Reply
Re: Bike computer with built-in HR monitor? [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know if the Sports Inst. SI90 HR will pick up from a Polar strap?
Quote Reply