Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Panama City Accomodations?????
Quote | Reply
Just qualified for Ironman Florida this morning at Muskoka and was wondering if anyone has suggestions/recommendations about where to stay in Panama City?

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Panama City Accomodations????? [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stayed at the race site in 2001 and highly recommend it. I could see the swim start from my balcony. At the end of the race, I hauled my stuff up to the room took a shower and went back down to hang around the finish line until midnight. Easy and convenient.

The cost wasn't outrageous; about $100 a night for a room with a view of the gulf, 2 queen beds, fridge, and microwave. Worth the cost in my book.

Larry
Quote Reply
Re: Panama City Accomodations????? [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The hotel sucks. It is dirty, and you will get little rest before the race.

Go to http://www.pcbeachrentals.com , call them and find out what is close to the hotel. Send me your e-mail and I will send you an aerial photo of the area with the hotels and condo's listed.

I went last year as a spectator and saw the hotel fine for a night, but you have to be there from Thursday.

You can get a one bedroom condo for about $75 directly next door, or a two bedroom condo for $150. If you are willing to walk about 1/4 mile you can get the 1 bedroom for about $40

Send me an email at hpwvale@aol.com and I will send you the aerial photo.

The Cuban Comet
(Comets are unbelievably slow over Cuba)
Quote Reply