Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

inexpensive interval timer
Quote | Reply
Looking for a watch with a programmable interval timer, ie 30 sec on/20 sec off, alarms. I don't need an HRM and I'd like something relatively cheap < $50. I think Casio used to make one.

Any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: inexpensive interval timer [ashayk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not quite in your range, but I sure love my Timex Ironman watch, you can set up to 10 intervals, repeating or not, plus lots of memory (nice to scroll through and find breakthrough workouts or races). I paid $80 for mine. Don't much like the velcro strap, but other than that, it's the best one I found.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Timex Ironman, 100 lap, can't beat it.

Quote | Reply
Thanks billb. I'm still having a hard time, even after reading the PDF instructions, if it will do what I want.

For example, I want to do 10 intervals, 60 seconds on with 30 seconds rest.

Can the Ironman 100 be set to beep me through that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, the Timex Ironman 100 will do that. It is very good at that type of interval. The only thing it can't do is long ladders, ie 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 minute intervals with 30" rest in between, that would be 17 distinct intervals. You can have up to 9 distinct intervals repeated many times.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got the timex 8 lap for swimming intervals, and it does not do the 60" interval with 30" rest. It will do a countdown timer of 90". After 90" it will beep and then start 90" over again without you touching the watch.

The 8 lap version is <$20 at Academy.
Quote Reply