Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

trainingbible/ powermeter & HR uploads?
Quote | Reply
any here upload their power & HR data into trainingbible.com? How do you like it? it give you graphs of your progression?
Quote Reply
Re: trainingbible/ powermeter & HR uploads? [trizombie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you use TB then it is convenient to graph progess, mileage, etc. The polar and PT have good software that gives more detail, but the TB puts it all together.

BTW, I just found out that my PT reads the HR off of my polar chest strap! Cool beans!
Quote Reply
Re: trainingbible/ powermeter & HR uploads? [Navi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Navi,

Which PT model and which HRM do you have? Is it a coded strap? I have the PT Pro, and it uses a non-coded strap, but my HRM is coded. I would love to use the Polar strap so I can have the HRM for brick workouts, but the manual says it won't work. I haven't tried it to verify, though. I have heard that the non-Pro model of the PT will work with coded straps.
Quote Reply
Re: trainingbible/ powermeter & HR uploads? [trizombie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do the HR uploads mainly to fill in the mileage and time spent in each zone. It is easy and quick. I do occasionally look at some charts and I like TB reporting better than the polar software
Quote Reply
Re: trainingbible/ powermeter & HR uploads? [CarolJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just for counterpoint, I found that my supposed coded Polar s610 reads just fine from the uncoded PowerTap chest-strap.So much for needing a coded strap!. Bottom line, I can use either strap and get accurate readings on both the Powertap and s610 monitor.
Quote Reply
Re: trainingbible/ powermeter & HR uploads? [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I'll have to try that out. That would actually be the preferred configuration, since I find the PT HRM strap much more comfortable than the Polar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the regular PT, not the new pro model. I'm using the Polar 610 strap. Haven't tried the PT strap yet. I'll let you know later today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Coded Polar straps will only work with the newer Polar monitors (S series and M series, maybe A series also). You can pretty much use ANY uncoded chest strap transmitter with a polar receiver, with some exceptions (my Polar 710 will only work with a coded chest strap, but my 810 works with either) When I do Vo2 assessments with my Vo2 analyzer I can only use non coded polar chest straps with the HR pickup as the coded does not work again. I also can only use a non coded chest strap for HR on my computrainer and my Tacx, but if I want my 710 to work, I have to forgo the heart rate on the computrainer which is fine since I can download my training from my 710 after anyways.

What the coded chest strap does is prevent "cross talk" between people training together with HR monitors by using different "channels" to transmit your heart rate from the chest strap to the receiver.

Hope this helps

Jason

Jason Goldberg
FIT Multisports
Quote Reply
Re: trainingbible/ powermeter & HR uploads? [jasonogk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The verdict: The PT will pick up from either strap. The HRM (S510) will only pick up from its coded strap. Kind of a bummer (but not unexpected), since the Polar strap is not too comfy.

I thought the PT documentation said it would not work with a coded strap. When I looked back through it, though, it only says that it uses a non-coded strap, not that it will not work with a coded one. Guess I read too much into that.
Quote Reply