Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

energy lab
Quote | Reply
i need you to share stories and facts with me about the famous energy lab of the ironman. i have started to have dreams of running it about twice a week.

ever see 'close encounters'? remeber the mashed potato scene? i am starting to ge the same way about energy lab. the run is my favorite part of a race and my goal is knoa. s

so help me out. what is it like? why is it called energy lab? how did you feel going through it? have i lost my mind?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: energy lab [customerjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Energy, or Suck the Energy Out of You, Lab has been the demise of many an IM wanabe. It's at about mile 18 of the run (at least on the old course) so you are usually hurting by then anyway. To get to the Energy Lab, you turn left off the Queen K and have almost a mile slightly downhill towards the ocean, very nice. You turn right near the shore and do about a mile to the gates of the EL. You turn around and run along the shore again, but then you are faced with the mile uphill back to the Queen K. All you can see is a long straight road heading towards the heavens among the lava, very depressing. If you went too hard on the bike and/or beginning of the run, you can easily blow going back up hill. The good news is that if you make it out of the EL you only have a few rollers before you get back into town for the unbelievable rush of Alii Drive.
Quote Reply
The energy lab is called the energy lab because ... [customerjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
is is the energy lab. It is an "experiemental" laboratory to use the natural energy available to Hawaii for commercial purposes. They have a few great big pipes that go down and suck up COLD deep ocean water. They then use it for a lot of purposes including, growing main lobster, algae, cold water fish, air conditioning the buildings there, cooling the ground to grow strawberries, etc. Very 'cool' if you are into that sort of thing.

It is very good at sucking the energy out of the ocean and any athletes that come near.

Frank

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: The energy lab is called the energy lab because ... [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
greatness! that is what i thought. so i have the right obession. well by hook or crook i'll get there. proably by crook...

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply