Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Birthday Wheels!
Quote | Reply
My wife is the greatest. Tonight she told me to go ahead and order the Zipp 404 wheelset I've been talking about constantly for a few months now. My birthday is Friday, June 13th (lucky for me) so the minute Competitive Cyclist opens tomorrow I'm ordering them. The best thing is that I have four more races lined up this summer (a Half-Iron and three Oly's) in which to put them to good use. Damn I'm all giddy, I'm going to go hug her again.
Quote Reply
Re: Birthday Wheels! [tripoet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great. I just recieved my Renn Disc and HED H3 front. One wheel is also a birthday gift.

Looking forward to race on them for the first time on Sunday.

Happy birthday
Felix

http://www.weilenmann.ch.vu
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratultations, I don't have a wife or a race wheelset.

-

I don't work here, I just live here
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you guys adopting?

Congrats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy birthday, dude.

As a wannabe on the podium, I just invested a great deal of money in a new bike and some hot wheels, including an Accell II disc. I now have no excuse for not winning... [gulp]. Same goes for you.

But just remember these words of wisdom from John Cobb: "If you push really hard on the pedals, it should go fast."

My only problem with the new bike is that I have to use the same crappy engine...

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know if you ordered yet but check this out.

http://www.tri-specialties.com/...roduct.asp?which=109

The owners or real nice people and very friendly to work with.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations and happy birthday Mr. tripoet, sir! We wives are so cool and get such a bad rap . . .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Most people don't recognize opportunity because it wears bib overalls and looks like work.
~Teddy Roosevelt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey that sounds like my wife! just yesterday she said "triathlons have got to be the dumbest and most boring sport you are into. why don't you stop keeping track it will be a long time before you get another bike."

wait that sounds nothing i like your wife. sorry.

i envy you.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my wife thinks my bikes are neat and that sort of thing, however, one day I was looking through the excel catalog and showed here a set of the 404's. Of course, you always notice the price first and she about lost it. I guess she really didn't know how much some things cost. At any rate, my bike purchases soon began to be analyzed under a different level of scrutiny. She basically asks that I rationalize to her in a coherent manner why I need X or Y. However, this process has a learning curve I've learned or the years. In the past I messed around with street rods and would tell her I really "needed" this set of $2,000.00 heads and could rationalize it to her in a manner they satisfied her (i.e. I deceived her due to her lack of mechanical knowledge). Unfortunatley, she caught on to this strategy and I suspect the same is coming about for the bike.

In short, if your wife is allowing you to purchase the wheels with full disclosure, good for you. If not, get what you can before she catches on ;)

PS, this is more of an attempt at humor rather than being cynical toward spouses . . . . happy birthday and enjoy your new wheels (tubular or clincher ???)
Quote Reply
Re: Birthday Wheels! [JeffJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder how long it'll take for my husband to catch on?? Hmm, better shop faster . . .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Most people don't recognize opportunity because it wears bib overalls and looks like work.
~Teddy Roosevelt
Quote Reply