Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Any predictions on Iraqi Elections [njmtbbg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a great day. If only people didn't see great things through party lines.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's great that the security was able to minimize the violence. if anything, it should be an indication that the troops can be rotated out with a bit more aplomb as, from what i understand, it was mostly iraqis that were the visible portion of the security forces(someone please correct me if i am wrong).

however, with no precedent, it's really hard to say what the effects of this vote will be. pretty sure everyone in the country was running for something, so it will take some time for things to settle out. moreover, it's certainly not clear what type of gov't will be formed afterwards(although as i said earlier in the thread, i'd be shocked if it wasn't something amenable to u.s. interests).

other than a resounding success for security forces(and that's a big "other"), it is too early to proclaim democracy king...

f/k/a mclamb6
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if Bill Clinton (you remember him, the 'no sex relations guy') led the charge into Iraq you would have the MSM cheering away. But, their guy didn't do it so they criticize. Hypocrisy on a grand scale....

And I'm sure all the "conservatives" and Republicans would have supported that action wholeheartedly, with abslolutely no political sniping. Cause the media has a monopoly on hypocrisy.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Any predictions on Iraqi Elections [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vitus,

I make no mention of the other party regarding Iraq. I simply note that the MSM wholeheartedly (i.e. blindly) follows Clinton and whatever he does. Where was the examination when an aspirin plant was bombed in the Sudan? If that happened now the NYT's would run it as a lead piece about the failings of the Bush administration.

Perhaps you want to revise your comments?

B.

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.teamorganicnyc.com
Sponsored by: TBA
Quote Reply
Re: Any predictions on Iraqi Elections [mclamb6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"ok, yes, in my opinion, when the u.s. engages in nation-building such as in iraq, then democracy means a system voted into place that is friendly or at least open to the u.s. and its interests.

if that means the u.s. has to manipulate things, then i believe they will do it."
-----------------------------------------------------------

Isn't that (partly) how Saddam Hussein got into power in the first place?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perhaps you want to revise your comments?

I see no reason to at this time, thank you for asking.

I simply note that the MSM wholeheartedly (i.e. blindly) follows Clinton and whatever he does.

He's been out of office for four years, and you somehow think that while it's relevant to mention what you think the media would have done if he had invaded Iraq, while at the same time it's not relevant to speculate on how Republicans would have reacted? Sorry, if there's any consistency in that position, I can't find it.

Where was the examination when an aspirin plant was bombed in the Sudan? If that happened now the NYT's would run it as a lead piece about the failings

As I recall the aspirin plant bombing was roundly and soundly ridiculed as dog wagging.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Any predictions on Iraqi Elections [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go take a look at the NYT archives regarding the Sudan bombing. It's clear that it was buried on one of the back pages. The point that I'm making is that GW is held to a far different standard than Clinton. I've made no mention of the politics involved from the other side and I wish that you would not put words in my mouth.

Good point regarding Clinton being out of office, except that he's is given prominent coverage whenever he feels the need to comment on anything. He is still the darling of the MSM.

The Sudan bombing is an isolated event that is one piece of a larger pattern of excusing the behavior (both personal and political) of Bill Clinton and other Democratic politicians. How about Robert Byrd being a member of the Ku Klux Klan as a youth but nary a word is mentioned about him.

The two political parties are held to far different standards by the MSM. The Dan Rather National Guard Story, the pass the John Kerry was given during the election regarding his inconsistencies. I could go on and on but it's clear that the MSM is biased. The good news is that the American public is catching on more and more. Remember the GW drunk driving allegations that were put out there prior to the 2000 Election - two days before.

I've never specified my political leanings, rather I point out the inconsistencies in how the MSM interprets their actions.

regards,

B.

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.teamorganicnyc.com
Sponsored by: TBA
Quote Reply
Re: Any predictions on Iraqi Elections [davet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Isn't that (partly) how Saddam Hussein got into power in the first place? "

The US had nothing to do with Saddam's rise to power.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply

Prev Next