Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

CO2 problem with wheels?
Quote | Reply
So bought the set-up Tom D recommened on his site. I just realized that the head of the CO2 filler will not fit with a long stem tube on my Hed disc. Cut the whole larger or go to smaller valve? Will the smaller valve still work?
Quote Reply
Re: CO2 problem with wheels? [Matt Berner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Matt - I assume its the Ultraflate? These seem bulky to me & defy the KISS principal. I don't remember the name right now of the inflator I use, but it is small (j-shaped about the size of a quarter) & simple with no trigger (just screw the CO2 all the way in & unscrew to release the gas). The head is small enough to fit my trispokes fine. I'll try to remember to check the brand, but you see them everywhere.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
So bought the set-up Tom D recommened on his site. I just realized that the head of the CO2 filler will not fit with a long stem tube on my Hed disc. Cut the whole larger or go to smaller valve? Will the smaller valve still work?

I wouldn't be too eager to cut a hole in my disc just to accomodate the chuck of an inflator. There are several smaller ones on the market, but they typically all require threaded CO2 cartridges - not a big deal, but they are slightly more expensive.

Check out: http://store.yahoo.com/gear-west/pumps.html for some of the options available.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Microflate is smaller than the Ultraflate but lacks the trigger.

That being said, why do you have long stem tubes (I assume you have clinchers)? 'Normal' tubes should work fine. If you are using the long stem tubes so you can 'bend' them out to get a regular pump on them, go get the Silca Disc Adapter (aka, 'crack pipe').
Quote Reply