Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Had the worst dream today
Quote | Reply
It was like groundhog day but on a much shorter cycle. I would wake up very tired and walk down the hall into the other room. Then I would find myself in bed again. The same thing would happen over and over.

On some loops I would hear kids outside the window. On other loops I imagined hearing a doorbell. The really strange thing is the physical sensation of lying in bed matched the dream sensation. Each time I was on my side just how I was lying in bed at the time. Also the lighting in the room matched the lighting in the real world, but the layout of the rooms were a little different but I didn't notice til after I really woke up.

I don't know how many loops I went through but I think I had at least a dozen. It got a little scary after a few loops and the dream sensation of waking up was very much like the real world sensation.

I think a sugar high may have contributed to all this. I ate a bunch of fig newtons shortly before taking the nap.
Quote Reply
Re: Had the worst dream today [Wolfwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Follow the white rabbit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had bad dreams last night also. Three of them. It sucked. I have been plagued by them to the point where I eventually went to a shrink a few years ago, then got hypnotized. It worked for about a year. It is horrible. Sometimes you avoid sleep becasue it is so unpleasant, then when you do fall asleep they seem to hit you all the harder.

Nightmares are terrible. They are unescapable.

The therapist who worked on the first set of dreams did this unusual technique where they slowly move their fingers in front of your face, back and forth, and have you visualize and verbalize the dream as you recall it. If you concentrate on it, it is alarmingly vivid. I guess it kind of "purges" the system somehow. It worked for a while. Then they came back.

I wish there was something you could do to just "remove" part of your memory. I would even give away some of the good memories if it took the bad ones with it and I never had to see them again.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess amateur dream interpreters would say this indicates a feeling of being trapped or an inability to exert control or direction.

The good news is, that is addressable. In other words, you can do something actively in your life to make it go away.

Dreams that come from past traumas are a bigger job to deal with, and usually a pretty unpleasant process. Current events in your life can rekindle the imagery too, linking current things together with previous things. Bad.

I wish I coud just dream about kissing Erika Christensen's tummy.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Had the worst dream today [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom, this mind erasure is the premise for the movie The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, which co-stars your babe Kate Winslett. Joe Bob says check it out.
Quote Reply
Re: Had the worst dream today [danielito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm on it. But I don;t want my mental images of Kate erased. Do you think they could implant a memroy of a sleep-over with Kate Winslett, Thora Birch and Erika Christensen? Then they could all practice kissing, have a tickle fight and a pillow fight......

Then we could.................

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply