Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tested Out Tom D's Fit
Quote | Reply
Did an 80 miler yesterday to see how the new fit worked over a longish ride. Being more over the bars and forward on my seat allowed me much more comfort. Even with traffic slowdowns and stops the average was just a tad under 22 mph for an LSD style ride over 80 miles. I am quite pleased with the results, Thanks Tom. more detailed pictures (stolen from Tom's site) are available here... http://michiganoutlaws.com/

Now for the other posts concerning my fit with Rich Ducar at Bicycle Sports. I hope my posts did not come off as bashing Rich, if they did it certainly was not my plan. Rich did fine with what he had to work with (my back) but once I got straight a friend of mine planned a trip to see Tom. I figured i would tag along and get fit again since everything concerning my back had fallen back into place. To be honest, if I had to do everything all over again, my first and second visits would of been with Tom. I believe the style of fit he does is more along the lines of what my goals are, comfortable IM distance racing.

I am certainly no expert on this subject. Tom did a great job, I felt great on the bike. Strong and comfortable, no complaints at all.
Quote Reply
Re: Tested Out Tom D's Fit [Ken in Mi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, you did an 80- miler on a new position. Damn. That scares me. Consistency and moderation. Oh well, so much for that. I'm glad that position represented some improvement.

About the post with Rich- I mentioned elsewhere in this thread that position is dynamic. I am not waffling here: Allow me to suggest that the factors affecting Ken's fit when Rich fitted him may have been substantially different than now. Ken is extremely fit right now. Was he when that fit was done? who knows what may have changed between the two fits that could influence them.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll chime in here - I was not "refit" per se but I did buy a new bike from Tom about 3 months ago. Essentially, I can in empty, I didn't bring numbers, picture or anything as I wanted Tom to start with a totally clean slate. My experience has been similar to Ken's, that is, I am going faster, I have less fatigue (muscular) and so on and so forth. I have a MUCH more aggro position than I did on my previous bike, yet I am far more comfortable - for awhile Tom and I both wondered whether it would prove mto be to aggro - fortunately it has not. Full disclosure - I am pretty flexible. To sum up - it was definitely worth my time and $$$ to make the trip from NJ to MI. Plus, Tom is a hella nice guy (as are all the guys in his shop).

"To give less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Pre

MattMizenko.com
Quote Reply
Re: Tested Out Tom D's Fit [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whats the problem with an 80 miler??? i brought tools.. if the position sucked I would of put it back:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, I just worry....

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply