Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

It think its cool when....
Quote | Reply
They black out the operators face in a photo.

The baddest dudes on the battlefield always wear blue jeans.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: It think its cool when.... [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"The baddest dudes on the battlefield always wear blue jeans."

There really isn't anything as comfortable, durable, washable, etc as denim. The Army keeps trying to develop something better, but it's just not working.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: It think its cool when.... [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blue jeans and a pair of Adidas GSG 9's and you're ready for whatever the world throws at you.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]Blue jeans and a pair of Adidas GSG 9's and you're ready for whatever the world throws at you.[/reply]

When I was a cop, I wanted a pair, bad. Never got em. I had a pair of the Oakley Tactical 'boots', which were a pale facsimile. The Oakley cost about $200, and were worth maybe $90. The GSG, on the other hand, are said to be worth every single Deutschmark.

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply
Re: It think its cool when.... [j-son] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are silent on any floor, stick to wet airplane wings- even wet with JP-4, and slide right into US Diver's Rocketfins or those nasty-ass Scuba-Pro fins. Five stars.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stick to wet airplane wings even wet with JP-4,,,

Freaken unbelievable most tennie's melt in any jet fuel. Or were you talkin the boots ?
Quote Reply
Re: It think its cool when.... [Helitech] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
boots:

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got some friends in the box right now....the "Operators" pant of choice are Royal Robbins 5.11's. Lots of PMC's wearing jeans or 5.11's. The only problem with the GSG9 boots is that they wear out quickly. I went through two pair a year while working SWAT but, they are worth it. I tried the Oakleys but had the same problems....and gov't price is only $90. Shoot come to think of it I just might be hard on boots....

1*
Quote Reply
Re: It think its cool when.... [Slider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hanwags and those Lowa blacked out boots are much more durable, but heavier. There is an Asolo boot that I really like- I'm wearing them as I type this. They have a lot of miles on them on four continents. I don't know what the name of these are. They are more of a "field" boot, not a MOUT style boot. GSG9's do die pretty quick as do the Oakley boots. Converse has a tactical boot now too, with a zipper on the side on the 10" version and it comes in sand color (not coyote) in addition to black.

The 5.11 vest is very popular too, but it is too long for my taste. If they made a shorter version, like the older USAF survival vest, but with the same discreet look, that would be a winner. I'm told the 5.11 vest is long to cover your back-up in a belt holster.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I carry a 1911 in a strong side carry under a 5.11 vest all the time. I like the extra length. It covers all of the "gadgets" on my belt.

Check out Merrell Mesa Ventilator Mids for everyday boots. Uber comfy.

1*
Quote Reply