Login required to post replies

Picture of Hamilton's new carbon R2.5 bike
Quote | Reply
Here is a picture of the latest Cervelo baby:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/...lps/011tylernewbike2
Quote Reply
Re: Picture of Hamilton's new carbon R2.5 bike [Trirunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder why the bike sports a time fork instead of the wolf?
Quote Reply
Re: Picture of Hamilton's new carbon R2.5 bike [Trirunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Notice it says "Vroomen White Designs" in the down tube instead of the "traditional" Cervelo thingy. Very nice looking, nevertheless.

Ricardo Wickert | Team Magnesium Pur - Germany | My sporadically updated blog: The Thin Grad Line | My team-issued TT bike: Trek Speed Concept 9

2015 Sponsors & Partners: Magnesium Pur | Ullmax | B&W Bike Cases | Ristorante La Dolce Vita | Trek Bikes via Bici-Sport Binder
Quote Reply
Re: Picture of Hamilton's new carbon R2.5 bike [JeffJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's also a Time stem as well. Interesting.
Quote Reply
Re: Picture of Hamilton's new carbon R2.5 bike [JeffJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I wonder why the bike sports a time fork instead of the wolf?

The R2.5 uses a 1 1/8" steerer and the 1 1/8" Wolf is not yet ready. You will actually see some of the other team bikes with non-Wolfs as well. The reason for this is that the production capacity for the Wolf is quite limited and sales of models that use the Wolf (Soloist Team an SuperProdigy) is much higher than anticipated.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: Picture of Hamilton's new carbon R2.5 bike [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course the unwritten sentiment was that there had to be a perfectly plausible reason for the non-Cervelo parts. You're certainly having a good year Gerard! Even better than expected, from the sounds of things. Sounds like sales are outstripping current production across nearly the entire line. Due to my unfortunate accident I'll be ordering yet another new tri-bike soon. It'll probably be a Cervelo.
Quote Reply
Re: Picture of Hamilton's new carbon R2.5 bike [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
as an interesting aside - the pundits over at v-news ( the forum, not the mag) have speculated everything from this bike being a parlee, to a prototype time. they also speculate that the cervelo's we have thus far seen under tyler and the crew are actually pegoretti's. anything, it seems, but cervelo's. (!) gotta love the internet.
Quote Reply
Re: Picture of Hamilton's new carbon R2.5 bike [t-t-n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The lugs at the joints do make the bike look like a Parlee or a Calfee but the sloping top tube and style of the joints seem distinctively different from either of the aforementioned. How are the lugs formed? Is the process similar to Calfee and Parlee?
Quote Reply
Re: Picture of Hamilton's new carbon R2.5 bike [wickert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It does have the Cervelo "e" logo as a headbadge, though.
Quote Reply