Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"The Apprentice" my ass!
Quote | Reply
I am just capturing the last 10 minutes of "The Apprentice". I am left feeling amazed that this could possibly be the cream of the crop of all the thousands of applicants. I have seen more capable business people at the corner shop. Personally, if I was at the helm I would fire 90% of them in one sweep - but I guess that would cut the season short.

Thoughts?

Quote | Reply
You think Omarosa (sp?) from the old season was there because she was the cream of the crop, or because an overbearing bitch made for a good TV character?

I definately like Danny from this show. So retro 70's cool. I thought he was going to be bounced on the first show but am glad to see he'll be around for at least one more week.

Troy and Kwami were cool on the first show, but Omarosa made the show. Every series needs a villian for the viewers to hate in order to be successful. She fitted the bill perfectly.

Wasn't impressed with the second show. No really interesting characters on that one. Maybe Raj (sp ?) but he was a bit of a dork.
Quote Reply
Re: "The Apprentice" my ass! [AJHull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What makes me think this show is not about real buisness bearing is how they argue at the end. He fires who ever doesn't yell loud enough or doesn't act like a 3 year old.

One More thing. Donald Trump is nothing more than a debt shuffling hack.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: "The Apprentice" my ass! [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Donald Trump is nothing more than a debt shuffling hack."

He's a little more than that. He's a RICH debt shuffling hack.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: "The Apprentice" my ass! [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes he is rich but not as rich as He thinks he is. Also I heard somewhere if he had just invested his money in savings (he inherited his money) rather than "building" a real estate empire he would have more now than he has. He is good at generating publicity though and just a bit Narcisistic.

JW (on the comback trail)
Quote Reply
Re: "The Apprentice" my ass! [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very true. In fact, he insn't a very good businessman. The media and networks attempt to portray him as a business savvy individual but in reality he's not that good of a leader or businessman. I laugh at those who buy his books or listen to his advice on business matters....he's pretty much a failure by most measures.
Quote Reply
Re: "The Apprentice" my ass! [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, he's having a lot of fun and doing a lot of stuff with his money. He may not be the perfect businessman, but he seems to be doing fine. I'm not sure what he could do with more money that he isn't already doing with what he's got.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: "The Apprentice" my ass! [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately, he hides behind bankruptcy laws and built his personal fortune by hiding behind bankruptcy laws. In doing so, he stiffs companies who he owes money as well as the investors. Not an ethical way of doing business.
Quote Reply
Re: "The Apprentice" my ass! [NYCTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"just a bit Narcisistic. "

Just a bit. :)

Did you ever read his bragography "The Art of the Deal"?
Quote Reply