Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Bike Fitting Results from Tom Demmerly [pyker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the point was that you cant compare the 2 angles if they are measured in different ways, if she is in one position with a leg more extended and he is in another with a flat foot discussing the affect that a 10 degree difference in the angle has on the setup or position is clearly pointless as you are not comparing apples and apples.

That combined with the fact that you cant isolate the exact location of the various joints probably makes discussing angles of +/- 5 or more degrees fairly difficult. What you could do is overlay one print out over the other to see how they compare though in terms of relative position.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fitting Results from Tom Demmerly [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I understand all that. Gary specifically recommended
"the female being positioned might want to pedal with a flat foot when being positioned, instead of toes down, before measuring knee angle". My specific question to this specific recommendation is: why? Why should she pedally differently "when being positioned" than when riding normally?

Also, regarding your point: "if she is in one position with a leg more extended and he is in another with a flat foot..." That seems irrelevant. The point is not to compare her position to his position, the point is to compare her before vs. her after (and likewise his before and his after). Despite the innaccuracies you correctly point out that are inherent in the methodology, I find the before and after photos instructive. Her foot looks like it's in the same position in each of her photos.
Quote Reply

Prev Next