Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Seat hell - the question i never dare ask male cyclists [karencoutts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I found best results in tri shorts with body glide on the giblies *and* all over the chammie. Other shorts have too much padding for riding aero - for me. Now riding slack... different story... deSoto400Mi bibshorts baby... awwww yeah... ;-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Seat hell - the question i never dare ask male cyclists [asauvage] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For those with shorts issues or who default to tri shorts because most bike short chamois are so big and chaf-y, I have to recommend the SheBeest bike shorts - especially the Nirvana. They're seamless where it counts and the chamois is girl-size so you never feel like you're wearing a diaper. But there's a bit more padding than in tri shorts, which I find helpful on longer rides. They're a bit pricey, but have been worth every penny for me.

Also, if you're thinking about trying an Adamo saddle, you should read some of the other threads about saddles on this forum. If they fit you, they're great, but for a certain percentage of women, the saddle seems to hit a really painful spot on the sitbones. I know that for me the Adamo was incredibly kind ot my lady parts, but I couldn't ride for more than an hour because of the sit-bone issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Seat hell - the question i never dare ask male cyclists [asauvage] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an Adamo Podium and have zip ties on the rails to make the front end more narrow. i don't think that's recommended but know a ton of people who do that.

I did a century on it last weekend in only tri shorts. I forgot chamois creme. It wasn't awful. It's actually perfect except it's still a bit too wide. I'm built very narrow. I can see how several of the ISM saddles would be perfect for a little wider builds.

Some of the equation depends on how you ride. I'm looking for one I can ride on the nose.

I still haven't found the one I'm totally happy with, but am trying the Koobi next. I have a couple of friends who love Koobi, ride on the end of the saddle, log a ton of aero miles and would be wearing tri shorts and not actual bike shorts that are more padded.

Can't figure out why in the world Adamo doesn't come out with a more narrow saddle for women? I've heard this issue from so many girl friends who've tried ISM. A more narrow Adamo would be perfect!!
Quote Reply
Re: Seat hell - the question i never dare ask male cyclists [alaina1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you tried the Specialized Jet? The Trek store has that nice measurement device for your sit bones and they measured me and sold me the Jet. I LOVE it, it has the cut out just where I need it. For me a firmer seat with a cut out works best.

Oh and I agree that the angle of the seat position is key. I got a leveler and made mine exactly level and that helped a lot. Supposedly men do better with it angled up but women need it more level or even a little downward. I find though if it's too tilted down I move around too much and that is why I like it level. I suggest playing with the position of the seat, not just the purchasing of the seat.
Last edited by: almost tri-ing: May 29, 11 13:30
Quote Reply
Re: Seat hell - the question i never dare ask male cyclists [Tri She] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri She wrote:
I
Can't figure out why in the world Adamo doesn't come out with a more narrow saddle for women? I've heard this issue from so many girl friends who've tried ISM. A more narrow Adamo would be perfect!!

Because the width of the labia and clitoris for women exceeds the width of the perineum for men. Also, women are wider, not narrower than men in the pelvic region so as to allow a human head to pass through ;-)

People who have this problem are often sitting too far back on the saddle. The video on the ISM website explains how to properly set up their saddle.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Seat hell - the question i never dare ask male cyclists [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Yeah, but I sit way up on the saddle. I'm sure that may relate to a lot of cases, but that's not my issue. I have bruises -- not in the sensitive area -- but along the area of my adductor tendon, vertically in that crease.

When I began using the zip ties to narrow it, the problem was reduced but not eliminated. Check out a Koobi. It's split but more narrow.

So, not sure how that correlates, but it is what it is. I think i'd get in big trouble for uploading further clarification.
Quote Reply
Re: Seat hell - the question i never dare ask male cyclists [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

PS Yep, have seen the video before I bought the saddle.
Quote Reply
Re: Seat hell - the question i never dare ask male cyclists [Tri She] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If the Adamo is too wide, maybe try the SMP? I LOVE it, although it most definitely requires chamois cream. It's good for long rides, but especially life(/private parts)-saving in the drops or in aero bars. Your sit bones will need a little while to get used to it though, and the comfort will vary a lot with the angle. I have the stratos lady, but I think a model with less curve to it would also work nicely.

And maybe I'm being completely superficial here, but I find the Adamo ugly and bulky, and the SMP somewhat nicer looking on my bike.
Quote Reply

Prev Next