Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Secret to removing race stickers from helmets???
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have a secret to removing the left over residue and backing that sometimes stays on your helmet when you take off your race number sticker? I'm currently worthy of serious style demerits for the look of my helmet! My wife suggested running the helmet through the dishwasher, but something tells me I'll regret that when I crash and need the helmet to hold together. Another idea I've heard it so soak the afflicted part of the helmet with some sort of kitchen oil. I can imagine what that will smell like in a few months on a long ride in warm weather as it seeps out of the pores. Any GOOD ideas???
Quote Reply
Re: Secret to removing race stickers from helmets??? [Colin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Colin,

I have used my biodegradable chain degreaser (clean) and that seems to get it all off. I have also used White Lightening Clean Streak. Just a little right where the number was seems to do the trick.

Good Luck,

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try Windex and a fingernail. Just soak it well and scrape it off. I've used this on my helmet and bike several times!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use rubbing alcohol. It does the trick.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goo Gone, or is it Goo B Gone. Not too hard to find. Simple Green will probably work also, just not as easily. Rubbing alcohol? Be carefull using anything too powerful, like paint thinner or gas, as it might screw up the plastic.

---------------

"Remember: a bicycle is an elegant and efficient tool designed for seeking out and defeating people who aren't as good as you."

--BikeSnobNYC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my remedy is a little WD40 or chain lube to work of the residue. then use any type of soap or detergent to clean the area up. works every time. use this for my handle bar tape, unwanted decals, etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
take them off as soon as possible after the race. The longer they are on... the harder they get.
Quote Reply
Re: Secret to removing race stickers from helmets??? [MS.kansan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I NEVER put those stickers on my helmet. Do you know the only races that use those? The ones that have a race photographer! That is why they are there! I don't put 'em on my lid and I still get pictures back! Easiest solution? Don't even mess with them - into the garbage can!
Quote Reply