Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

If you asked about HR on the times GPS SYSTEM and got this reply
Quote | Reply
"There are no official plans to combine the two products

Data Link Support.ar"

This was dated december 6th

Consider your chain to have been jerked.

http://www.trainingbible.com/pdfdoc/bodylinkrelease.pdf

interesting timing, they got us all convinced the unit would never have heart rate on it; so, therefore might as well go out and get it. This is as good as it gets.

"Honey i want a timex speed and distance for christmas."
"Sure Dear"

If you're a lucky man i guess.

Does it make you fele better that only half of tyour unit is obsolete, only the watch part?

Perhaps not. But it seems you'll use the gps receiver with a hrm strap and the new "bodylink performance montor" to view it all.

I ostly can't belivee the guy flat out lied to a direct question on december 6th,
Quote Reply
One bright note [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kevin:

At least the press release makes clear that all existing Timex HRMs and Timex Speed+Distance systems are forward compatible with this new product. It seems like they are simply adding 2 new integration components, the Bodylink Data Recorder and the Bodylink Performance Monitor.

Seems like their approach is to have a network of small devices instead of pulling it all into one integrated unit.

At least if someone got their Christmas present, it isn't obsolete!

--

~~Bob
Quote Reply
Re: If you asked about HR on the times GPS SYSTEM and got this reply [Kevin in MD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OOOOH! I feel SO HOSED. Seriously. I got the SAME reply. Damn.

Well, the bright side is they probably won't release the thing until like 2004 anyway and it IS compatible (and it very easily could not have been), so maybe I won't get too pissy. Still, it does feel like a bit of a screw-job.

"To give less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Pre

MattMizenko.com
Quote Reply
Re: Looks like Timex has it right [Kevin in MD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Based on the following:

http://www.trainingbible.com/

The Timex people have it right... This could has the potential of being one of the best ideas in years.

I'm happy the device doesn't make my existing S+D obsolete. We'll see how good they make it operate with a HRM. I hope it works... it's a good idea.

Joe Moya
Quote Reply