Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Josh Beck can't swim - IMLou: 1:20, 4:42, 3:04 [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably a hard 1:20 too.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like he does savageman most years, but with a similar 40 minute him swim followed by one of the best bike splits then an even better run. Nice to see he really does have some extra level talent for an age grouper.

Funny enough, looking back at some past savageman results, cam wurf pulled off a killer bike split in 2016 only to get 4th or 5th after a 1:44 run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never saw this thread before, but it brings back a memory: I did a small local triathlon back in 2006, when I was living in the Harrisburg, PA area. My blog entry from that race reads:

Quote:
Bike: I hammered the entire bike. I was only passed by one person, and that person was Josh Beck, who WON the national duathlon (run/bike/run... triathlon with a run in place of the swim) championships back in 2002, and is now a professional duathlete. I can't complain about being passed by him :-). He ended up winning the entire race, fully 18 minutes ahead of me. Freak.

I had never been passed like that before or since. It was like he was from another planet.

-Mark Rebuck, http://www.markrebuck.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Josh Beck can't swim - IMLou: 1:20, 4:42, 3:04 [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
kny wrote:
Here we go again.

Lake Placid:
Swim: 1:22:31
Bike: ?:??:??
Run: ?:??:??

That’s my boy!!
Rockfish unite! đŸ¤ª

31st overall!!!!

4:58 bike on that course....only 18 minutes slower than Hellriegel in 1999....not sure what Steve Larsen's time was in 2002. I think he may have had the bike course record.
Quote Reply
Re: Josh Beck can't swim - IMLou: 1:20, 4:42, 3:04 [Bioteknik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bioteknik wrote:
Looks like he does savageman most years, but with a similar 40 minute him swim followed by one of the best bike splits then an even better run. Nice to see he really does have some extra level talent for an age grouper.

Funny enough, looking back at some past savageman results, cam wurf pulled off a killer bike split in 2016 only to get 4th or 5th after a 1:44 run.

Josh Beck has done SavageMan every year, been on the podium every year, and never won. That bike course has seen some monster ubercyclists over the years: Bjorn Anderson, Philip Graves, Cam Wurf. Wurf narrowly missed Graves's bike course record that year and then blew sky-high on the run.

Ironically, of all the incredible bike performances that course has drawn, the single most amazing accomplishment at that event in my opinion was Josh setting the run course record with an inconceivable 1:18:00. Anyone who has done SavageMan knows what that run is like and that to average sub 6 on that course, after that bike course, is just beyond concept. That and Susan Williams going 3rd overall and sub-5 are far and away the two most unbelievable accomplishments at SavageMan in my opinion.

Beck is just a class act. He just loves to train and loves to race. But hates to swim. So he doesn't.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:
Bioteknik wrote:

Josh Beck has done SavageMan every year, been on the podium every year, and never won. That bike course has seen some monster ubercyclists over the years: Bjorn Anderson, Philip Graves, Cam Wurf. Wurf narrowly missed Graves's bike course record that year and then blew sky-high on the run.

Ironically, of all the incredible bike performances that course has drawn, the single most amazing accomplishment at that event in my opinion was Josh setting the run course record with an inconceivable 1:18:00. Anyone who has done SavageMan knows what that run is like and that to average sub 6 on that course, after that bike course, is just beyond concept. That and Susan Williams going 3rd overall and sub-5 are far and away the two most unbelievable accomplishments at SavageMan in my opinion.

Beck is just a class act. He just loves to train and loves to race. But hates to swim. So he doesn't.

yeah, I'll get to see him pass by me first-hand in September. I'm technically in the same age group, but looks like Josh is usually in the running for the overall. Seeing some of those bike spits, I am wondering how much best bike split is blowing smoke with the estimate it is giving me, but will get to do a pre-ride in a few weeks to confirm.
Quote Reply

Prev Next