Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bobkes tangled prose
Quote | Reply
From the OLN website - by, of course, the great Bobke reporting on stage 12!

"The good people -- not thorns and crowns -- but men cry out for deliverance from the indifferent shroud of creationism and the gods of the Giro will give out benevolence and redolence at their own pleasure, unswayed by ferverent prayers or even outright eucharistic exhortations.

"What is a biker to do? Hang tough as civil war steak and Texas road kill. Or, pull the plug on the tub and get of the scalding bath of suffering. Zip up the body bag and take yourself on a trip home out of the bush. Not a savory prospect at all."

Ferverent?

Isn't Bob excellent!

Colin

Bollocks....I'm knackered - Eammon
Quote Reply
Re: Bobkes tangled prose [colinf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
reading bob is like getting kicked square in the cods. just best avoided.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While I agree that Bobke is a bit over the top sometimes, I think this is just his relative inexperience at public speaking/writing. If you compare him today with his performance even a couple of years ago, its obvious he's refining his style. He's still working on his style, that's for sure. Its actually refreshing to see someone resist becoming a bland conformist.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love Bobke! So refreshingly different in these days of conformity. As his pal Greg Herbold might say: "I give him FIIVE STARRRRS!"

"To give less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Pre

MattMizenko.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After watching sportzone on OLN. I realized that this dude was talking and I had no Idea what he was saying. So I decided to concentrate real hard and try to figure out what he was saying, no luck. So I then went to taping the shows and with the remote in hand ready to rewind and a few shows under my belt and all the first 12 stages of the Giro I am finally beginning to understand him. I love it now.
Quote Reply