Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hot Spot in Left Foot.
Quote | Reply
I have a spot in my left foot that will start burning and hurting after about 35 miles or so biking. It doesn't ever hurt when running, but I don't ever run much over about 8 miles. The spot is in the ball of my foot right in between my 3rd and 4th toe. I had a morton's neuroma there, but had it removed last year. Curling my toes in my shoe helps, loosening the shoe doesn't, I'm wondering if anybody has had something similar and what they did about it.

Thanks

-All You Haters Suck My Balls-
Quote Reply
Re: Hot Spot in Left Foot. [Trash Talk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think this was addressed in this months issue of Bicycling magazine. I think they recommended sliding cleats posterior, and possibly a less stiff (or more stiff, can't remember) sole of shoe. I had a similar issue except the hot spot was actually intense burning as if my feet were on fire. It made it very difficult to convince my body to push down hard on the peddles when it was agonizing. It's a nerve issue. I have since fixed it by purchasing a pair of Sidi Ergo 2's (got them from PBK for nearly half off) instead of my specialized carbon pro's I was wearing. It's my understanding that the Sidi's have some flex points built into the sole to make them more comfortable for longer rides. Anyway, good luck!

-Brandon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude i had the same thing in my left foot...Had a neuroma removed a few years ago and have the same hot spot. Foot doctor
said it has grown back as a "Stump neuroma" and I have trying shots, both cortisone and alcohol. Hurts like hell 2.5 - 3 hours in.
MRI didn't show anything. It really gets in the way of my riding and right now I'm throwing my hands up in the air. Cortisone doesn't
do anything anymore. Have you had shots?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you been properly fit?
If so, did they look at the way your foot contacts the pedal & knee tracking?

Asking, b/c it takes about 6 wedges on my right foot and 3 on my left to get the height / angles sorted out, got rid of ALL the hot spots.
Mine were on the ball right around under my 4th toe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I solved hot spots with SuperFeet insoles. Cheap and easy fix.
Quote Reply
Re: Hot Spot in Left Foot. [PeterAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PeterAK wrote:
I solved hot spots with SuperFeet insoles. Cheap and easy fix.

Holy cow. There's a million of them. Any idea which would be appropriate for a cycling shoe?

https://www.superfeet.com/en-us/insoles-and-sandals?filter=mens,insoles

Geoff from Indy
http://www.tlcendurance.com
Quote Reply