Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

long run question....
Quote | Reply
as of yesterday, i was 6 weeks away from imcda. this past week i did a run of just under 2:20(18 miles). i have read a couple people who recommend doing your longest run at around 6 weeks out, but that it should be in the 2.5 hour range. so, should i extend my run a little more next week(19.5 miles/2.5 hours) or start ramping down? would that extra ten minutes of training run be a big deal?

f/k/a mclamb6
Quote Reply
Re: long run question.... [mclamb6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The net gain or loss in terms of your fitness will be negligible either way but doing the run might make you feel happier. If you have to do it why not do it on Thursday.
Quote Reply
Re: long run question.... [mclamb6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stagger my tapers. 4, 3, and 2 weeks for the run, bike and swim respectively. The taper is in order of body punishment. I do my longest run 5 weeks out, but then follow the next week with a slightly shorter (19 down from apeak of 21 for upcoming IMCDA) but I do it hilly and on pavement. My long bike will be in excessof 112, and my long swim will be a 4000 yard pool swim with a wetsuit.

All that being said... if you lined out a program 6 months ago - or you are following your coaches direction... trust the plan. It is pretty late to second guess yourself and what I - or any one else does in the next few weeks will not help YOU out on the course.

It is going to be a fun day!!!

I am a 6' 190 lb mid pack age grouper with this being my 5th IM - if that helps...
Quote Reply