Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WF Long Course Run?
Quote | Reply
I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed, I just found this forum. Anyway, does anyone know if TriCal will measure the WF run course? I'd like to know the actual distance - how much off the 13.1 miles. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: WF Long Course Run? [vogel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The usual suspects have not yet answered on this one, so I'll take a stab. I believe I heard them say that day that it was two 10k loops, and that the difficulty of doing Beach twice (!) made up for the shorter length. There are no asterisks on the results page. I'm sure you could email them and ask; you probably wouldn't be the first to do so. Hope that's useful.
Last edited by: Jacquie: May 15, 03 12:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The official results state my run split as 2:07:41 and my run pace as 9:58. That would make the run course "officially" 12.8 miles (20.6 k). I don't know if they measured it to come up with that number, or estimated, or what. But I personally would've guessed it was shorter than that.
Quote Reply
Re: WF Long Course Run? [Jacquie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the responses. I'll give Tricalifornia an e-mail. Call me a nerd, but I'd like to know how far I ran!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually, if you were a nerd, you would have been back out on the course with your Timex Speed + Distance System, or Fitsense FS-1. ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: WF Long Course Run? [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I hadn't had to leave right after the race, I would've gnoe back out there with my Timex GPS (which was in the car during the race). Vogel isn't the only nerd. :-)
Quote Reply