Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best clip-on aerobar for road bike?
Quote | Reply
I am looking for clip-on bars for my road bike. Which would you recommend? Anybody using the Profile jammer GT, Deda Elementi or Oval Slam?

Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Best clip-on aerobar for road bike? [Trirunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll vouch for the Jammer GT's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i´m using the jammer GT.

i defenetly recomend it, great bar

sergio marques

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK- I'll be the voice of dissent on the Jammer GT's. I tried them for a week and found them to be way too short. I'm 6'0" and have long forearms, and even with the bars at full extension the pads hit me right in the middle of the forearm so all my weight was cantilevered off the middle of my forearm. This hurt like h_ll after about 10 minutes in the bars. I switched to the Syntace C2's (size medium) and while I'm a little stretched out relative to a "perfect" tri position this is much more comfortable for me. I can actually stay in the bars for 4-5 hours with no problem. You may want to give the C2's a look. I don't think that the small C2's are that much longer than the Jammer GT's. Certainly nothing you couldn't easily compensate for with a slightly shorter stem. Just my $0.02.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3T mini sub 8

great bars
Quote Reply
Re: Best clip-on aerobar for road bike? [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"You may want to give the C2's a look"

I'll also agree with the Syntace C2's but would recommend going to a size smaller on a road bike than what you would use on the tri bike. I've used small C2's and jammer GT's on a TCR. Prefered the GT's but for a bigger guy would have to agree the the C2's might make a better choice.
Quote Reply
Re: Best clip-on aerobar for road bike? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the information.

"for a bigger guy would have to agree the the C2's might make a better choice". How much is bigger?

I am 5'10" but long legged with short torso. I ride a Cervelo Prodigy size 58 with a 79 cm saddle height and 90mm stem. Because of my short torso I was afraid of being too stretched with C2 bars, but I will give them a look.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will recommend you the Deda Elementi since you can ajust the size of your aerobar...
This is the one that I use...
I´m the same size as you and my saddle to BB distance is 73,50... I use bikes with 54cm size...

Luiz Eng
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If your stem is only 90mm, your knees might hit the Syntace arm rests if they are low enough to be aero. Before you make the purchase, I would recommend checking out at a bike shop which carries different brands. Take your bike along, put the clip-on and test ride if possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oval slam bars

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oval slam bars

Litherland
Quote Reply
Re: Best clip-on aerobar for road bike? [litherland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I'm not mistaken, the Oval Concepts slam bars are basically the same as the Profile Jammer GT's. When John Cobb first talked about the Big Slam position, he made a prototype bar that he sold on his website that was a Profile Jammer SL (GT without the arm pads) with Visiontech pads on it because he likes those pads better. The Oval bar is just the commercialized version of this bar. So it really comes down to which pad you like better- the Visiontech or the Profile.
Quote Reply
Re: Best clip-on aerobar for road bike? [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you all for your answers. I have come to the conclusion that I will chose between the Jammer GT and Oval Slam. (The Deda don't seem to be that adjustable and seem tough to locate)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it is slam you need it is slam (at a good price) we have. I have a pair that were installed on a bike for a test ride. I will let go at a significantly reduced price. Shoot me an email or give me a shout.

Shawn Spencer

"Nothing in life ever just happens. Calculated progression insures your strength."
Shawn Spencer
Bike Cycles
Wilmington, NC
http://www.bikecycleshop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm also a C2 fan, and again, you'll need to go with a small size. If I were shopping for clipons for my road bike today, I'd take a look at the new Vision Tech clip-ons. They're similar to the C2, not adjustable, but come in 4 sizes, XS-Large.
Quote Reply
Re: Best clip-on aerobar for road bike? [Shawn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If he doesn't want it, I'm interested. khailee1@yahoo.com

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply