Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ullrich has left Coast... bets on where he's going [GT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.velonews.com/...articles/3919.0.html

"UCI president Hein Verbruggen said riders who haven't been paid by cash-strapped Team Coast are free to sign with other teams, the Spanish EFE news agency reported.

"The racers who did not receive payment from Coast are free," said Verbruggen during a visit to Madrid this week for a meeting of international sports governing bodies. "If the wages are not paid, the contract is broken. (Jan) Ullrich could go tomorrow and present to the UCI a new team."

School's out GT... and it's not raining (by the way GT, I don't want to get into a war of words with you, but as part of my curriculum I TEACH contract law at a graduate level).

Ullrich to Telekom? Ullrich to CSC? Ullrich to Once? It doesn't really matter, it would just be nice to see Ullrich in the Tour. For me one of the most memorable moments of the Tour in recent history was when Ullrich overshot a curve in a decent and end-over-ended into the bushes... Lance held up his pace to wait for Ullrich and when Ullrich caught up the "fight" resumed.

Let the rivalry resume.
Quote Reply
Re: Ullrich has left Coast... bets on where he's going [IronDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My money's on Phonak. Committed to sport until 2007. Jan lives in Switzerland now, I think, and holds a Swiss license. Their leader (Zulle) is probably done after this year so Ullrich will have a team dedicated to him. More so than Telekom where he shared it with Zabel. Killer move for both parties. Why would he go to CSC (Sastre/Hamilton as leaders) or Telekom (Evans/Savo/Zabel/Botero leaders)

As an aside, anyone think Cipo giving up at the end of today's Giro stage endangered Domina's chances at a Tour spot? I know he's not done yet, but with selections on Monday he's not picked a great time to fall out of form...

Oh, and another thing, while I know litigation is the great American pastime, please stop flaming each other about law on Slowtwitch. It's really boring.

MM
Quote Reply
Ullrich to Slowtwitch Cycling Team? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seriously, the guy can go to any team he wants and they will get in the tour. The TDF needs Ullrich - he has been touted in the press all year as the man to beat Armstrong (weather this is possible or not).
Quote Reply
Re: Ullrich has left Coast... bets on where he's going [Saber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
School's out GT... and it's not raining (by the way GT, I don't want to get into a war of words with you, but as part of my curriculum I TEACH contract law at a graduate level).

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

"A new venture to be run by former Dutch pro Jacques Hanegraaf and directeur sportif Rudy Pevenage joins Bianchi in establishing the new team, which will continue to employ the services of Jan Ullrich. In fact, the PCC stipulated that its support for the new venture was contingent upon a concerted effort to provide contracts to all Coast riders and team staff. "

I was right, and you schooled me? Those who can't, teach!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

---------------

"Remember: a bicycle is an elegant and efficient tool designed for seeking out and defeating people who aren't as good as you."

--BikeSnobNYC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I vote the flamer's dual between GT and Saber a draw. I think GT reads too much into the fact that Ullrich is staying with the new team. After all, the deal probably hinged on getting Ullrich & company to stay. But Saber also assumes much about a contract he's never actually read. There is so much more behind this than we public will ever know. I think the only thing either of you accomplished was a few noogie scuff marks. GT's attempt to rub in his non-victory in two different threads almost costs him serious cool points.

In seriousness, though, its good to see a quick resolution to the situation so that Ullrich and team can focus on getting ready for the Tour.
Quote Reply
Re: Ullrich has left Coast... bets on where he's going [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
GT's attempt to rub in his non-victory in two different threads almost costs him serious cool points.

And I care what you think about me because...... You would be who?

I quit worrying about being "cool" or what people think about me a long time ago.

If you don't like a thread..... don't read the damn thing. Our names are on top of all posts. Just skip them. That wasn't hard, was it? We seem to be enjoying it.

The riders usually sign contracts with the team, not the sponsor. I am unsure about Ullrich's contract, but since another sponsor was wanting to finance the team, and UCI's interest is to keep 1st division teams intact, it was pretty clear that was going to happen. I am curious as to whether the rider going to USPS was still under contract or if his may have ended. Yes, it is nice that this is getting resolved, and I hope the team keeps its TdF slot, although I think Ullrich will be ineffective for at least another year. And yet the whole thing could still collapse, and my "told you so" will look very foolish. What is life without risk?

I was right, however! I will try to work some interest is trying to appear cool, but I don't think its going to happen. Sorry!

---------------

"Remember: a bicycle is an elegant and efficient tool designed for seeking out and defeating people who aren't as good as you."

--BikeSnobNYC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

What exactly were you right about?
Quote Reply

Prev Next