Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wouldn't a nice pair of Spinergy Rev X wheels be nifty?
Quote | Reply
Think again!

http://home.interlynx.net/~pjdu/

Well, are all composite wheels subject to this sort of failure ultimately? How long should one ride a composite wheel? I have some old Zipp 440s I'd like to keep unless they are going to kill me. I'm amazed a couple of these guys only ended up with broken bones.

Caveat emptor!

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: Wouldn't a nice pair of Spinergy Rev X wheels be nifty? [Robert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haven't we already beaten this horse to death (several times)?

Anyone who tells you they're as fast now as they were when they were 18...
sure wasn't very fast when they were 18.
Quote Reply
Re: Wouldn't a nice pair of Spinergy Rev X wheels be nifty? [Robert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ive been on my Rev X's for 1 year now, best wheels I've owned.

ZERO problems.

Great road/training wheels.

That site is BS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking that the Rev-X's and Spinergy's unique design issues (or problems) such as the 4 paired spokes, the rivets at the rim-spoke interface, and quality control problems led to the kinds of failures described on the site.

Other all-carbon wheels seem to have more robust designs that would not be as susceptible to the potential resonance problems, failure from spoke-rim separation/spoke cracking, and the risk of complete collapse of the front wheel. I have no data to support these claims, but it seems that the Rev-X's have some pretty clear flaws uncommon to other all-carbon designs.

With the carbon rim/metal spoke wheels, like the site said, the wheel would not be as likely to fail in the same catastrophic, sudden way that an all-carbon spoke wheel would fail.

Kelvin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My god ... some people believe anything and everything they read.

And, Yes Rich... this horse has been beaten senseless...

Joe Moya
Quote Reply
Re: Wouldn't a nice pair of Spinergy Rev X wheels be nifty? [Gary in SD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with Gary. I had a rear wheel (used for racing only) for 3 years. Zero problems. I also have some friends who train and race on them year after year without any problems.
Quote Reply