Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Steep road bike??
Quote | Reply
Does anybody have time on a steep (76??) bike set up as a road bike? No areo bars.How did it handle?
Quote Reply
Re: Steep road bike?? [Cullen Watkins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do not know if this counts but i have a Clark-Kent(really the name of the guys who built it)78 degree long top tube,have ridden it in the mountains 100 mile rides,60 mph desents have never had any problems,also have had it setup as a TT bike and did well on to
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had road bikes, tri bikes with short top tubes, 76 to 80 degrees, but the best bike is my current one. I usually ride a 56cm with a 130mm stem. My new bike has a 59cm top tube, a 110mm stem and a 76 degree seat tube and a Use seatpost with very little setback. It's the best I have ever had. I ride is 95% of the time as a road bike and love it. I have way more power than on a 73 degree frame. I throw aerobars on it and it's perfect for tri's. I do a lot of switchback hills and with this geometry it turns sensibly less fast but not at all to a point where it is annoying. It is just a bit different. With the longer top tube I have excellent weight distribution on both wheels so the handling is perfect. No regrets.
Quote Reply
Re: Steep road bike?? [randall t] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you have a clark-kent? you rawk! i love those bikes.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would imagine the only thing that would handle worse is a 78 degree bike. Why would anyone want a 76 degree bike without aero bars? Probably OK if you live in a flat area.

But to answer your question, Cervelo has the New One and Quintano Roo also has a similiar geometry model which the name escapes me at the moment. Both have 76 degree angle seat posts and drop bars. They're marketed as entry level tri bikes but could also be regarded as really being steeper angle road bikes.

Another alternative is for your regular 73-74 road bike just get a 0 degree set back seat post and jam your seat forward. That should give you around 76 degees.
Quote Reply
Re: Steep road bike?? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cerveloguy My Clark-Kent handles great,like i said have ridden it in the mountians and where i live is hilly,it was built as a road racing bike for tall riders
Quote Reply