Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

cervelo one
Quote | Reply
I'm looking to buy an entry level tri bike. I'm looking specifically at the QR and Cervelo lines. I've been able to test ride the QR but cannot find a cervelo in the area. I've found some good prices online for the cervelo one (2002 model) and it seems to get better reviews than the KILO/Tequilo, and I like the fact that it has the 105 packages as opposed to blended componetry. Can anyone give me a comparison of these bikes. I've read what the companies say - my main concern is how the cervelo rides versus the QR since I can't test ride the cervelo.- is there much of a difference? Thanks for any input. Heimdog
Quote Reply
Re: cervelo one [heimdog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would recommend not comparing bikes but comparing fit. There are some fit differences between these two bikes, pretty significant ones, so they may not necessarily be interchangeable. Get a good set of measurements from a bike fitter you trust and consider their recommendation based on your body dimensions. Don't put much emphasis on test rides, in general, they are not a good tool to use when making a buying decision. When I "test ride" a bike for a review I buy it, build it to my specific fit specifications (bars, aerobars, stem, crank, pedals, gearing, saddle, etc.) and ride it for a minimum of 500 miles, much more if possible. and that is only after I have done a complete fitting on it to determine if it will work correctly (more important than the test ride itself) then I have an informed opinion. Normal people simply don't have that capability so fit is the best determining tool in selecting the optimal bike. Bottom line: Stop comparing bikes and start comparing fit.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
I wanna test ride bikes at your store! [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I'll start out with a Record 10spd Colnago Master X Light...

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply