Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Profile aerolite aerobars
Quote | Reply
I was wondering if anyone has tried the Profile aerolite bars and could comment on them (in comparison to say Syntace streamliners). I was thinking about using them because they are adjustable, but want them to be sturdy and comfortable as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile aerolite aerobars [slugchowder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I prefer Syntace.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used the Aerolite's for a season now, and I've been very pleased with them. The've been very sturdy, and they have the unique advantage of being length-adjustable. Moreover, you've been able to get them lately from a few online retailers (including Cambria Bike) for about $75--a big advantage over Syntace IF you're an impoverished triathlete.

If you're not impoverished, and if they fit your setup right, there's absolutely no problem with the Syntace--they're definitely a quality product. But if you pinch your pennies and are looking for a good, adjustable alternative, the Profiles are the way to go.

Ben H

Christian, Husband, Father, Ranger, Triathlete
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
used aerolites for 2yrs had no problems, but did switch to syntace this year. like syntace better for no other reason than "feel" and i could get my forearms closer together. i did not like the shape of the arm pads on the aerolites, so i put syntace pads/brackets on the aerolite base bar. this lowered the arm pad height and made it more comfortable. i highly recommend this, although i believe the 2003 aerolite model will have diff. pads.
Quote Reply