Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: the coming Great Depression [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I don't get the leap from tax cuts to faith-based people either. Those two philosophies don't have much to do with each other.

I can relate to the urge to vote Libertarian for the exact reasons you cite. I was one of the 537 voters who provided the margin of victory in Florida 2000 though, so I am not big on protest votes.
I read it as faith in "the neo-conservative economic doctrine" not faith in christianity, although I could be miss-reading.
Quote Reply
Re: the coming Great Depression [Richard R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is a fairly tortured reading, but you could be right. I never heard of faith based economics before, but one never knows.
Quote Reply
Re: the coming Great Depression [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
That is a fairly tortured reading, but you could be right. I never heard of faith based economics before, but one never knows.
I think voodoo economics were faith-based. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: the coming Great Depression [mojozenmaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GDP = # of workers x productivity of ea. worker

Maybe you've heard of the baby boomers? Guess what that will do to the (# of workers) part of the above equation?

Doom & gloom is real and it's near.

That doesn't mean you need to run off into the woods and join a militia.

It does mean you need to get a plan, because I don't think the pols will take care of their mess in time to fix it.

Governments go bankrupt and default all the time. It's never pretty. But some people turn out all right, even profit from it.

-- rb, enjoying a more positive life away from this cesspool of human misery and bitching.

Oh, and let me add that it's not just doom & gloom people warning about this.

Paul Volcker, Warren Buffet, Alan Greenspan, the list goes on: They've all been warning about this for several years.
Last edited by: rb5980: Dec 2, 04 4:58
Quote Reply

Prev Next