Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Satellite radio: Got it? Like it? Recommend it?
Quote | Reply
Wish you got the other brand?

I'm thinking about it, but not sure which one, if any. Thoughts please.
Quote Reply
Re: Satellite radio: Got it? Like it? Recommend it? [JRH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I have it.

Yes I like it.

Yes I'd definitely recommend it.

I have XM and it's worth the $10 every month. I can't remember the last time I listened to my local stations.

I used to contribute to NPR and pulled my donation due to their more biased reporting in the last few years along with their decision to replace Bob Edwards on Morning Edition. Now that money pays for my XM.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have Xm in the store. 5 stars. Courtesy of Mark "the taskmaster" Trzeciak.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have XM Radio in my car (99 Torch Red Corvette). Makes for a nice bike hauler and with XM rarely take CD's along. Also have it at home via the "boom box", Getting it for Xmas for my comany car as well.

So many channels to choose prefer 71,74,,45 an 6. Yes I am old!!

You will enjoy it

fal7 in Houston
Quote Reply
Re: Satellite radio: Got it? Like it? Recommend it? [fal7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What kind of equipment is required to make XM or Sirius work? Does it take any special antenna for the car? Also, what is the range of it? Is it something you could take overseas and still get coverage?

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Satellite radio: Got it? Like it? Recommend it? [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You will need a special antenna for the car and an RF modulator (about $100). If inside rig you have to "aim" the antenna to the south to pick up the sattelite.

Don't know about OUS transmission.

Would advise going to xmfan.com and poke around on the tech forum or the faqs it probably will address the question about equipment etc.

fal7 in Houston
Quote Reply
Re: Satellite radio: Got it? Like it? Recommend it? [fal7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the XM Roady. A small unit attached by a wire goes on the top of the car(magnetic..it won't ever move). Run the wire through the seal underneath the carpeting to the receiver and I use a tape player instead of the RF modulator. They say the reception is better. Hook it into the cig. adapter and you're ready to go.
Quote Reply
Re: Satellite radio: Got it? Like it? Recommend it? [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you ever get dead spots? I have an FM modulator for my iPod and it got iffy reception sometimes. Plus, if I drive long distance, I have to find a new station to broadcast over.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On the satellite reception, the only time I get dead spots are in tunnels garages or extremely dense forests which is when I'm 4 wheeling....other than that, on the open road, I could drive from the East coast to the West listening to one station the entire time without changing stations.

The FM modulator is used to broadcast from the unit to the radio in your car hence the reason I just went with the cassette solution. If you have an auxiliary input on your car stereo you could use that as well.
Quote Reply