Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cold Penis During Winter Run [spiderwj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rabbit fur underwear?
Quote Reply
Re: Cold Penis During Winter Run [tjs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You must be from Texas and newly acquainted with winter weather problems to necro-bump a 4 year old thread?
Quote Reply
Re: Cold Penis During Winter Run [eblackadder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eblackadder wrote:
You must be from Texas and newly acquainted with winter weather problems to necro-bump a 4 year old thread?

Must be a problem with “the power grid,” it keeps popping up... year after year
Quote Reply
Re: Cold Penis During Winter Run [Boo Radley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Boo Radley wrote:
Personally, I just use a foreskin; nature's heater. No problems.

Hello from 2022.

I was reading this thread, scratching my head. Then I realized the difference between most (?) American men and European men.

They let us keep ours.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
spiderwj wrote:
I'm on vacation in Chicago and the temperatures have fallen off. It's down in the mid to low 30's. I ran yesterday morning with tights, long sleeve shirt, thing gloves, and ear warmer. About 40 minutes into my run, I realized that my penis was near frozen! The rest of my body was fine so I wasn't under dressed just couldn't keep my manhood warm. I'm assuming it was from the air movement through the tights.

My question is, what do y'all wear under your tights to keep the family jewels at a comfortable temperature?

I remember learning the hard way when I got to Winnipeg for a year.

My solution: Wear 3 socks.

I only swim.
I used to run. (31:09 10k)
I never did Triathlon.
Sue me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure for the cold but where I live it rains a lot so many guys wear a condom to keep it dry while running or biking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mathew 5:30 may apply.......🤣
Quote Reply
Re: Cold Penis During Winter Run [michael Hatch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't read all the comments, but I had the same problem.

I solved it with "Löffler transtex Boxershort" and "Löffler transtex windstopper Boxershort".
If it's really cold, I use both at the same time - never ever had a problem anymore.

I don't know, if there's something similar in your area. I hope, it helped.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't even read anything else in this thread. 45 years ago I lived in the Chicago area . . . we had something like 23 days where the high never went above zero - we just put a tube sock over it and we were fine. Toughen up!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Last edited by: david: Feb 15, 22 14:42
Quote Reply
Re: Cold Penis During Winter Run [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
I didn't even read anything else in this thread. 45 years ago I lived in the Chicago area . . . we had something like 23 days where the high never went above zero - we just put a tube sock over it and we were fine. Toughen up!

Tube sock? What about the other half?
Quote Reply
Re: Cold Penis During Winter Run [pots4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gore makes boxers with a windproof patch that protects your junk. I had the same issue as OP and, honestly, these boxers changed my life. Created an account on this forum just to post this.

https://www.gorewear.com/us/en-us/m-gore-windstopper-base-layer-boxer-shorts-100055?variant=2131&gclid=Cj0KCQiApL2QBhC8ARIsAGMm-KHZhSqxmafiK858ds9ighS2QSeMSgvWvbh98Sw7L_k4yoyx6JEQC-8aAtwqEALw_wcB
Quote Reply
Re: Cold Penis During Winter Run [hgrong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.huffpost.com/...422ee4b0f93b2619ce28

Finnish Skier Remi Lindholm Suffers 'Frozen' Penis In Winter Olympics Cross-Country Race

"The pain was unbearable" when his body parts began to thaw, the athlete said.
By Ron Dicker
02/20/2022 09:47am EST

Cross-country skier Remi Lindholm said he suffered a “little bit frozen” penis in a race Saturday at the Beijing Winter Olympics, Reuters reported.

“You can guess which body part was a little bit frozen when I finished. ... It was one of the worst competitions I’ve been in. It was just about battling through,” Lindholm told Finnish media, per the wire service.

Lindholm’s dilemma was prolonged in the extreme cold and wind. He finished 28th in the 50-kilometer mass start race, which was shortened to 30 km due to the weather. He trailed the winner, Russian Alexander Bolshunov, by 4 minutes and nearly 23 seconds.

He applied a heat pack to his groin afterward but “when the body parts started to warm up after the finish, the pain was unbearable,” he added, per Reuters.

The 24-year-old competed in two other races earlier in the games, finishing well off the pace.

Quote Reply
Re: Cold Penis During Winter Run [Fredo_Adagio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know what type of tape the cross country skiers put on their face to stop frostbite? I normally wear a full face balaclava, which can be uncomfortable and difficult to breathe through.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HuffPost couldn’t have found anyone better to pen that article…Ron Dicker 🤣🤣🤣
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In all seriousness, I have found Gorewear short and tights to be very helpful in the cold groin prevention. They have a windbloc panel in the front which helps tremendously.
Quote Reply
Re: Cold Penis During Winter Run [Ironnerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironnerd wrote:
Does anyone know what type of tape the cross country skiers put on their face to stop frostbite? I normally wear a full face balaclava, which can be uncomfortable and difficult to breathe through.

They used KT tape despite it not being proven to work for this purpose. Some are sponsored by KT so that may have come to play.

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You'd think that someone that has been doing this for years might be aware of how to protect himself from that. Or at least know somebody that could have helped him out.
Quote Reply
Re: Cold Penis During Winter Run [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, his post was about a bike ride, not a run, and is way more than 5 years old.
Quote Reply
Re: Cold Penis During Winter Run [nosmo king] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny, this post is 5 years old, I have been off Slow twitch for that long I think. I signed on just because of your username. Back 40 plus years ago, there was a dog named Nosmo King at our unit in Iwakuni Japan, because he was found under a sign that said.......
Quote Reply
Re: Cold Penis During Winter Run [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sciguy wrote:
Ironnerd wrote:

They used KT tape despite it not being proven to work for this purpose. Some are sponsored by KT so that may have come to play.

Thanks. So they are just like Triathlete professionals :)

"KT Tape doesn’t endorse the use of kinesiology tape on the face as it isn’t clinically tested, and the adhesive that works so well to keep tape in place to provide long-lasting muscle and joint support can be a bit more difficult to remove from the delicate skin on the face,"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another option and on sale.

https://www.smartwool.com/...9030?variationId=545

----------------------------------------------------------
Someone once accused me of being swimfan. I miss that guy.
Quote Reply
Re: Cold Penis During Winter Run [G1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Craft makes a similar set, I have them and they work well.

Brian
“Eat and Drink, spin the legs and you’re going to effin push (today).” A Howe
Quote Reply
Re: Cold Penis During Winter Run [EJOTT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EJOTT wrote:
Try a sock. :)

I find stockings work better than socks for me. Keeps my penis more jolly and much more comfortable fit.
Quote Reply
Re: Cold Penis During Winter Run [wintershade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cycle commuting in -14 C I used to pop a plastic sandwich bag down the front of my bike shorts (just flat, not trying to wrap around). Was enough to block the wind and trap a bit of heat. The little plastic wrappers that disposable cutlery came/comes in used to be great to put inside gloves to achieve the same for my outer two fingers on each hand that tended to get colder than the others.

Water bottle turned into a slushy, but I was actually a bit warm by time I got there.
Quote Reply

Prev Next