Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cancer Awareness Month - please!
Quote | Reply
I have just received some very bad news and I wanted to share it with the women of ST.

My sister was just diagnosed with cancer yesterday. Not only is it on her liver, lungs, breast..and now today we find out that they see spots on her hip and esophagus. I'm just not sure what everything means right now and what the options are as we are still waiting on the pathologists reports on the biopsies they have performed.

She only went into the hospital thinking she had pneumonia as she was coughing for the last 3 weeks. I asked her when was the last time she had a mammogram, she grasped to remember as it was maybe 2000. I sunk.

Please women, I beg you...get out to your Dr's, have these annual exams, don't put it off. It may save your life.

If you are into praying, please pray for my sister Lynn.
Thank you.
------------------
http://www.konashelley.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cancer Awareness Month - please! [Shelleytri's] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More love and hugs to you, Shelley.

I'm not sure if the "rules" for mammograms are on a National or Provincial level, but aren't they free only after a certain age (35... 40...)?

Quote | Reply
Thanks D!
I have been getting mammograms since I was 35, I am 46 now and I have never once paid for them and I can't ever recall anyone saying that they had to either.

I think it's worth it though if I had to pay, I would still do it given my family history too.

-----------------
http://www.konashelley.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just turned 36 and I have no family history of BC so I will not have a mammogram until 40. That said I read you post and felt very sad for both you and your whole family. I will be thinking positive thoughts.

Hugs to you!

Second season here we go!

http://rachel-ironman2009.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shelley,

I am sorry to hear about your sister's diagnosis. I am here to offer you and your family hope. I am a 37 year old mom of two, wife, research librarian, triathlete, and... brain cancer survivor. I have survived and yes, now thrive. I understand the fear you all are experiencing, but along with that, keep hope and faith with you at all times. If you need anything, feel free to e-mail me.

Take care,
Lori
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
very sorry to hear of your sister's diagnosis, but keep up hope!

i don't know what it's like in BC, but for some reason when i was only about 17, OHIP did a mammogram on me free of charge.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
So sorry to hear this news! Best of luck to your sister and family.

I have a nice, strong family history of BC, so it's mammos annually for me since age 33 or so.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is a great reminder for me. The last mamm I had was when I was 34 I think; headed for my annual in a few weeks and will ask to get an appointment for one.

I am a prayer and will absolutely keep you and your family in them.