Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Meteor showers, Iraq and peace.
Quote | Reply
The Leonid Meteor Showers begin tonight and shower the Middle East and Europe with over 4,000 meteors per hour according to CNN.com.

Throughout history meteors and meteor showers have been regarded as an omen or a fortelling of the future- sometimes bad, sometimes good.

In the wake of the terrible events that have regetably unfolded in Iraq let's hope that when the Marines and Iraqis who look toward the desert sky see these meteors and wish for peace- a peace tha has eluded the region for centuries- that this wish is somehow granted.

In another thread in this forum we discuss the actins of the Marines in Fallujah and whether they were right or wrong. It's a shame we have to even spend our time and thought debating these terrible issues. It's a shame a poor Iraqi man, regardless of his beliefs or political affiliations, lost his life. It's a shame a young man carries this burden with him now- for the rest of his life.

It is a shame, but it is also our reality.

I hope, for the Marines and the Iraqis, that they can take some hope frm the Meteor showers in the night sky over a land torn apart for centuries by hate, misunderstanding and war.

Admittedly, a fantastic and dreamy desire in a difficult reality. But dreams provde solice in a terrible world, and I hope for some solice for everyone there in this display in the night sky.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Meteor showers, Iraq and peace. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A nice post - it deserves a bump.

Good on you, Tom.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://pavlov.psyc.queensu.ca/~psyc382/rockgold.html
(Norman Rockwell's "Do Unto Others")
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good thought. I like it. Thanks.

'wolf

Quote | Reply
I can remember difficult times when I looked up at the stars and thought "Those are the very same stars shining over my home." and that was a great comfort.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No thought is ever wasted. Did you ever have a really great idea for a product or service, but no way to package or market it? Suddenly, a week a month or a few years later, suddenly the product is on the market. That is the power of thought. Did you originate the idea, or did you pick up the thought from the ethers after someone else originated it? Or are we all connected; are we all just cells in the mind of God?

Keep stokin' the good vibes, bro'...

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom, I always enjoy your posts. This one is great. Thanks and keep up the good work!!

One of these days I need t oget in to see this store of yours too.
Quote Reply
Re: Meteor showers, Iraq and peace. [SemperTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Marines are always welcome in our store. Absolutely my Friend.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply