Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Faces of the Fallen
Quote | Reply
Absolutely sobering. They are not numbers. Everyone of the 1166 servicemen to die in Iraq. I don't think we've done their memories justice. I am stunned looking at each of their stories, seeing their faces, they become real people to me and I'm grateful they went on my behalf.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/...facesofthefallen.htm
Quote Reply
Re: Faces of the Fallen [YabYum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's the tragedy and folly of all wars, whether it be my uncle buried in France or my two high school friends names on the Viet Nam memorial. A total waste any way you try to justify it. And that always applies to both sides in any conflict.

Maybe someday we'll be too civilized for this, but I doubt if it will be in our life times.
Quote Reply
Re: Faces of the Fallen [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They had an HBO 1 hour program about fallen soldiers (kids 19-30 yrs old) with photos of their lives -highschool -- in country. While parents / spouse, read letters home, With the slow mail system, some got two more letters after they were dead. You got a real feel for their home life / them as a person , It was pretty well done.
Quote Reply
Re: Faces of the Fallen [YabYum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jesus man. I hate this. Sometimes this is so inhumanly hard. I hope there is something better after this life.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Faces of the Fallen [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

The American Military Cemetary at Normandy, France.

War sucks. Man, does it suck. But, sometimes it's neccessary. I don't pretend to have all the answers to why we're fighting the wider war on terror, or why we're in Iraq, particularly, but we've gambled all on an idea that bringing democracy to the Middle East and solving the Israel/Palestine issue will help make it so that war, in the future, will become less and less likely.

Pray that we're right.
Quote Reply