Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Chicago Tri / Bud Light triathlon results from 1988 [Schmidt-DK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But how could you ride that fast without:

- PowerMeters
- Wind tunnels
- Aero cleats
- Electronic shifting
- Disc Brakes
- Personal custom mixed electrolytes
- GP4000 and latex tubes
- Zwift
- Erg. mode on the trainers

You forgot the most obvious difference of all!! We were riding road bikes without aero bars!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago Tri / Bud Light triathlon results from 1988 [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Impressive!

Did you guys just HTFU a little more than today?

---
Long Distance PB: 8:25
Instagram: larsschmidttri
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago Tri / Bud Light triathlon results from 1988 [Blackhawks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Martin,
They have your age as 25.
Total place 708
Div place 189
Swim 24:37
Swim place 201
T1 4:18
T1 place 784
Bike 1:23:25
Bike place 923
T2 1:48
T2 place 527
Run 54:53
Run place 786
Total 2:49:01
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago Tri / Bud Light triathlon results from 1988 [Elvis Runner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for taking the time to look at this Elvis. The results were much higher then I recall. Is it possible that was when the race was 2K/40K/15K? I was born 7/22/57 so depending on when the race took place that would be results from either 1982 or 1983. If that was indeed the 1.5K/40K/10K then I had a better time in 2009..Wow..

Thanks again..
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago Tri / Bud Light triathlon results from 1988 [Blackhawks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well this race was on 7/22/84 (your birthday). Pre-computers, I would guess they just mistyped your age.
They specifically list the distances as 1.5k/40k/10k.
I remember it was hot that day. I cramped up badly on the bike and had to walk part of the run. I also put a heavy bag of bike tools behind the seat and even had a heavy bike chain (you know in case the bike broke down and I needed to lock the bike up on the course some where). What an idiot. But I was 20 at the time.
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago Tri / Bud Light triathlon results from 1988 [Elvis Runner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea those were the days..lol. My bike was 10 speed Schwin Varsity.... Heck in 2009 I did 2:48. Must me getting better with age..lol

Have a a nice evening..and thank you again..

Marty
Quote Reply

Prev Next